REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+1

Charles R. Carson

+3
Ed.Ledoux
Vinny
JFK_FNG
7 posters
Go down
JFK_FNG

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Empty Charles R. Carson

Thu 12 May 2022, 1:28 pm
First topic message reminder :

I stumbled on this guy by accident on MFF, and found some interesting stuff so I figured I'd make a post. Carson was an FBI agent in New Orleans who quit in the early 1960's to join and become Manager of Southern Research Co., the sketchy private eye firm clandestinely retained by Clay Shaw's lawyers during the Garrison case. Southern Research also employed former Bannister investigator and FBI Informant Joseph Oster, and SA Milton Kaack after he was disciplined by the FBI in '64 for the pre-assassination investigation of Oswald. 

Southern Research was at some point taken over by the Wackenhut Corporation, or was associated from the beginning - it's not entirely clear. Carson's assigned duties are pretty interesting: he went from the point man investigating Carlos Marcello with the FBI to becoming involved in the Eastern Airlines investigation into David Ferrie with Southern Research. During the Garrison case, Carson tipped off the FBI that Garrison was conducting a Grand Jury investigation shortly after the Garrison story broke in the press in Feb '67. The memo covering this contact caught my attention:

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 333_pi10

According to all other documents I've seen (not many), Southern Research was located in the Maritime Building. 333 St. Charles Ave. was the Masonic Temple Building, location of the CIA office in New Orleans, and also the Civil Air Patrol. From what I have seen, according to Wackenhut they didn't even have a New Orleans office. 

Carson contacted the FBI again in April '67 which generated the following teletype plus a couple memos:  

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Tel_pi10

(redacted name revealed as Carson in other documents)

Based on the heavily redacted (on MFF) CIA Security file, it looks like Wackenhut was utilized by the CIA as a non-official cover organization in the 1960s. The line "contacts with" on the following document was only declassified in 2017, but there's all kinds of other stuff in the 51-page OS file that confirms Wackenhut was utilized for cover purposes. I'd really like to get a hold of an unreacted version of this file:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=104127#relPageId=1

It just seemed to me like quite the coincidence that a CIA contractor was operating out of the same building as the CIA in New Orleans:

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Contac10

Also in April '67, Dick Helms placed an indefinite restriction on use of the Wackenhut Corporation by the CIA, supposedly based on Wackenhut's newfound notoriety in being appointed by the governor of Florida to lead their "war on crime". The actual appointment and press release happened three months earlier however, and Southern Research had just been mentioned in Grand Jury testimony in connection with Garrison's case in March.  

Both Wackenhut and Southern Research were investigated by the HSCA and the ARRB for CIA connections; but Carson is a guy I haven't really seen mentioned anywhere. What I'm trying to find out is if there is any other reference besides the FBI reports from Carson to Wackenhut/Southern Research having an office in the Masonic Temple Building.

There were other companies at 333 St. Charles: the NO Credit Bureau, VA Outpatient Services, interesting one is the stenographers who covered the Clay Shaw trial, but the only references I can find to Wackenhut/Southern Research working out of that building are from Charles Carson to his former employer the FBI. It could be nothing but I'm wondering if Carson screwed up in giving that address.

JFK_FNG

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Empty Re: Charles R. Carson

Wed 25 May 2022, 4:47 pm
JFK_FNG wrote:I found something else that seems pretty relevant. Courtesy Pharmacy Inc, 1535 Metairie Rd, was incorporated on 9/7/62, just over a month after incorporation of The Officers Club Downtown Inc. at 2003 Metairie Rd. One of the officers listed on the charter for Courtesy Pharmacy is a Nicholas J Gagliano ... who gave his address as 2003 Metairie Rd.

https://coraweb.sos.la.gov//commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails.aspx?CharterID=99241_32FC17EBC1

I can't find reference to a Nicholas, but MFF has literally hundreds of documents related to Gaglianos in New Orleans that were associates of Carlos Marcello. Marcello owned a bar right across the street, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that 2003 Metairie Rd. was owned by the Mafia.  

So now we have Edward E. Parent using an address linked to CIA asset Carlos Bringuier, and Shirley Riggs using an address linked to the Mafia two weeks after Oswald's arrest in New Orleans to incorporate a branch of a private detective agency linked to Guy Bannister. The plot thickens.

I looked into the mob angle a bit more, and found an obit for Nicholas J. Gagliano. He actually seems like a pretty upstanding citizen: 

https://obits.nola.com/us/obituaries/nola/name/nicholas-gagliano-obituary?id=1681156

It says he was a Navy Vet. from WWII, and was an attorney in Metairie at the time he used the address 2003 Metairie in 1962, which at that time was The Officer's Club Downtown Inc. It says his brother was J.D. Gagliano, who I also found an obit for, https://obits.nola.com/us/obituaries/nola/name/joseph-gagliano-obituary?id=12714227

Joseph Gagliano was a mob boss, but the brother is a totally different guy. The legit NOLA mob Gaglianos, Giuseppe "Joseph" and his son Frank, were represented by none other than Dean Andrews in Frank's deportation case in 1957. Giuseppe had already been deported in 1955: https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/243/880/6741/

The mob used cut-outs for opening businesses, and it seems pretty hard to believe there isn't some link here. Nicholas J. Gagliano incorporated several businesses using 2003 Metairie as the only address - the earliest example being Service and Maintenance Corporation in Feb. 1959 with a Frank J. Ricca Jr., followed by ARACO Inc. which he opened by himself. There are some Mafia connected Riccas, but no reference to a Frank that I can find. 

https://coraweb.sos.la.gov/commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails.aspx?CharterID=118618_05D304FE31
https://coraweb.sos.la.gov//commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails.aspx?CharterID=90260_09C75E806B

Another interesting one is Reserve Adjustment Bureau Inc., which Gagliano incorporated in March 1965 as the only listed officer, and used 2003 Metairie as both his personal and business address - just like he did with the businesses he opened in 1959. 

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/26911390D 

It looks like Gagliano stopped using 2003 Metairie in 1966, when he opened Deep South Butcher Supply Inc. for a guy in New Orleans. He subsequently opened International Publishers Inc. in 1967 based out of 300 Gulf Federal Building in Metairie - again as the only listed agent:

https://coraweb.sos.la.gov/commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails.aspx?CharterID=118618_05D304FE31

He then opened Oriental Enterprises Inc. with a Lucas Giordano in 1968. There are tons of Mafia Giordanos too, but again I can't find any reference to a Lucas. 

https://coraweb.sos.la.gov/commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails.aspx?CharterID=123383_6450FB44A5

Call me crazy but something seems fishy about this guy. I know opencorporates isn't complete or accurate, but still. We have several companies registered simultaneously at the same address - and some of the company names Gagliano dealt with sound like front company caricatures. 

So either the guy is just an honest and respectable Italian lawyer and I'm reading too much into this, or he was a  business attorney and likely money launderer for the New Orleans Mob in the 60's. EITHER WAY, who in the hell is Shirley Riggs and what is she doing using Gagliano's address on the charter for Southern Research Co. of New Orleans Inc.?

EDIT: I found out this guy Gagliano had a stint as assistant US. Attorney in Louisiana starting around '59-60. Coincidentally his last case as a prosecutor decided on 9/20/63. Is that unusual for a guy working as a prosecutor to still be opening a bunch of businesses for people, and what appears for himself?
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 26 May 2022, 11:24 am
Prosecutor whom has a 'law firm' which is himself operating from 2003 Metairie, his office, where he acts as agent for these corporations. Much like Judyth Bakers set up. Makes it hard to know who owns what, where, etc.

Ive ran across all the same info... just need someone to answr the phone and confirm it.
Will keep dialing....
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 26 May 2022, 11:48 am
Reason I posted the Shirley Riggs link was she has ties to Florida and Metairie .... same as Edward Parent.
Scuba tech... etc.
JFK_FNG

Thu 26 May 2022, 5:30 pm
Ed.Ledoux wrote:Reason I posted the Shirley Riggs link was she has ties to Florida and Metairie .... same as Edward Parent.
Scuba tech... etc.

Yes I’ve been meaning to comment on that. It’s gotta be the right person, and she looks to be still alive like Parent. Could be some pretty interesting people to talk to if they’ll pick up the phone. 

You may have seen this but the earliest date I found for a company at 2003 Metairie is a Heaslip Homes incorporated in 1957 - one of the listed agents is a Shirley L. Grasso. Not sure if relevant. 

I did find a short-lived venture from our Shirley from the ‘90s, Lynd-Beck Inc. Can barely find any info, but on the first report filed in 1995 the name Robert W. Riggs is crossed out - possibly another lead?

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/ConvertTiffToPDF?storagePath=COR%5C0107%5C0118%5CAR014892.tif&documentNumber=L50784

Reminded me of Robert B. Riggs - Ann Goodpasture’s alias. Coincidence I’m sure, but if Shirley was already married to the same guy in ‘63 it might be worth checking out. 

As for Gagliano, he and Peter E. Duffy left the US attorney’s office at about the same time, late ‘63 or ‘64, and started a private practice together. Duffy was one of the prosecutors on Marcello’s attempt to get his 1938 weed conviction overturned. Duffy’s first case as a private attorney in ‘64 that makes it to court was for a Frank Gagliano (no relation I can find to either the Mafia Frank or Nick J.) whose daughter had been hit by a car. By his next case he was partnered up with Nick. 

Another thing, one of the companies incorporated at 2003 Metairie was the Public School Employees’s Foundation in 1960, and one of the listed officer’s was a Raymond A. Mix. Gordon Novel testified that he worked for Mix during his election campaign for the school board around that same time. 

https://coraweb.sos.la.gov//commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails.aspx?CharterID=92346_D6998BEC55

[url=https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=217761#relPageId=56&search=Raymond_and Mix]https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=217761#relPageId=56[/url]

I’m not sure what to make of a lot of this stuff, but the more data we pull out on Riggs, Parent, etc. the better IMO. If there’s anything I can do to assist in trying to contact them let me know.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the other officer listed on the Public School Employees Foundation is a Gordon Troyer. I thought it might be a pseudonym for Novel, but I did find a New Orleans businessman by that name referenced in a court case: https://casetext.com/case/surplus-underwriters-inc-v-simmons. Still though it might be a lead - since that company is the odd man out in all of Mix's business ventures, of which there are several.  

Another interesting coincidence is that Nick J. Gagliano's brother, J.D., was a drag racer at the same time Novel was in the drag racing business.
JFK_FNG

Fri 27 May 2022, 5:17 pm
Got some more information on Parkchester Apartments. According to a Master's thesis I found, that references a report from 1970 called the King Report that I'd love to get ahold of, Cuban exiles were specifically settled in the Parkchester complex through government aid programs: 

Since most of the Cubans were newly destitute, federal programs and Catholic services aided the Cuban exiles in New Orleans. Many of the Cubans were settled in lower-income apartments called the Parkchester on 4336 Paris and Mirabeau. The Parkchester thus became a starting point for many of the early Cuban refugees.

https://scholarworks.uno.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2158&context=td

I'm assuming these federal programs were stuff like the International Rescue Committee, etc., but I've been trying to track down the specifics without any luck. I've read about the visa waiver program for getting Cubans into the country, but haven't seen anything about how exiles were actually assisted financially and resettled to specific places like Parkchester. 

I also can't figure out who actually owned Parkchester in the early '60s. The complex was built in the 40's, and underwritten by the Federal Housing Administration, so it was government financed, but the mortgage was held by private investors. One group foreclosed in the early 50's, then it's not entirely clear who actually ran the place until 1966. 

Carlos Bringuier in his book writes that when he first came to America, he stayed with his sister who was married to Rolando Peleaz in Parkchester Apts., which I didn't know. He also describes Parkchester as a "little Cuba". He then writes "In May 1961, Pochi and the four children arrived from Buenos Aires. We rented, for 83.50 a month, an apartment in Parkchester. The address was 4525 Duplessis St. Apt. B." Carlos fails to mention that Arcacha lived next door, who he talks about working with extensively both before and after the Bay of Pigs. The obvious question though is who lived in Apt. A? Edward Parent? Another interesting detail is that Bringuier mentions nothing of moving his family to 2046 Pelopidas St, but he does mention the apartment on Adele. 

There's a lot of interesting stuff in the book, and there's a good chunk of a free preview on Google - if anyone wants to wade through the bullshit. One thing is he talks about earning a living with Peleaz peddling goods to merchant mariners in the Port of New Orleans starting in late '62...familiar territory for distributing flyers?

https://books.google.com/books?id=2XB2AgAAQBAJ&lpg=PA85&dq

It seems like more than coincidence that Arcacha and Bringuier ended up in adjacent units - so how did that actually play out? Both these guys were subsidized by CIA, and you'd think that with so many assets in the exile community the agency would be involved in resettlement efforts, and would want to keep an eye on their people. What I want to find out is what company was doing the actual leasing for Parkchester at that time - and the lower level details of the federal aid/resettlement program - like if were there vouchers, etc.   

One of the directors of INCA was a Richard Baumbach - who was president of Mirabeau Apartments Corp., which looks like a property management/leasing agency. Mirabeau was one of the streets bordering the Parkchester complex, but there was also an actual Mirabeau Apartments - also FHA subsidized - down the street a bit. 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=8112#relPageId=2&search=mirabeau

Any way you swing it, Ed Parent doesn't quite fit. Carson's detective outfit incorporates five days after Oswald's debate with Bringuier on Ed Butler's show; and out of all the addresses in New Orleans, Parent gives his address as 4525 Duplessis. It's weird enough as it is, but if there really was an Apartment A and B, Parent could have been living there at the same time as Bringuier. I will keep digging.

EDIT: Confirmed that there was an Apt. A. Found a 1956 article in the Cambridge Univ. Press Journal of Paleontology that lists a Richard Dolphin Alexander as a member of the paleontology society - address 4525 Duplessis St. Apt. A, New Orleans.
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Fri 27 May 2022, 6:30 pm
INCA
Go to the Blunt archives and hit search
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RrTiwCzJSUFQIjPYvkpBkABwR1dDC291?usp=sharing

Prayer-Man.com
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Sat 28 May 2022, 5:16 am
Excellent work Tom.

As I mentioned Parent is currently in a Four plex.
If this is a plan, to use 'common addresses' with multiple apartments, that lends cover, or helps disguise businesses and individuals it worked till now.

Cheers!
Ed
JFK_FNG

Sat 28 May 2022, 11:55 am
Found one side of what I was looking for on Cuban resettlement in New Orleans. Placement of exiles in Parkchester was done through the Catholic Cuban Center, which received federal money from the Department of Housing, Education and Welfare. 

The federal money looks to have been first siphoned through the U.S. Catholic Conference Migration program, or similar groups - but I can't confirm that 100% yet. That's just how it worked through the Center with refugees from Vietnam, so I'm assuming the setup was pretty similar for Cubans. 

The head of the Catholic Cuban Center, Elise Cerniglia, was also an FBI informant. The arrangement looks to be that the government - through the Cuban Center - had an arrangement with the realtor where they would install the Cubans in an apartment and pay first months rent, or something similar. With Bringuier's family just arriving in town (heck even if they didn't), he most certainly would have qualified for the aid program, and seeing how he rants about how poor he was at the time in his book it's hard to believe he wouldn't have taken advantage of free money. I think it's a pretty safe bet he didn't pick out that apartment on his own, and was placed there by Cerniglia and co. 

The real question though is the other side of the transaction. How did the Cuban Center liaise with the realtor/leasing company to place exiles in specific units at Parkchester? 

CIA involvement in resettlement programs, and in religious organizations is well documented. Operation Pedro Pan being one example. Heck I found this document where Joseph Goodwin, who in 1967 was assistant to Dick Helms, said that his "friend" was the director of the National Catholic Welfare Association in New Orleans. The "friend" called Goodwin because he was worried about Garrison investigating Emilio Santana, who had been a "client" of the NCWA aid program in the early '60s. 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=66175#relPageId=3

How Ed Parent fits into this, I have no idea, but progress is progress. I emailed Jim D. about getting a copy of Garrison's notes on the '77 William Walter interview that mention Parent, and he said (on black op radio, my email became a listener question apparently. I've since corrected the street number typo) that Bill Davy has a copy. I'm getting in touch with Davy to hopefully get a copy too, cause those notes should be pretty interesting to look at. 

Also, Ed, I was looking at the street view of Parent's quadplex yesterday actually. It looks like a pretty high security place too for a couple retirees. Gated doorways, very small windows, etc.
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Sat 28 May 2022, 2:32 pm
I see...
Neighbors are:

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Scree872
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Sat 28 May 2022, 5:14 pm
JFK_FNG wrote:Found one side of what I was looking for on Cuban resettlement in New Orleans. Placement of exiles in Parkchester was done through the Catholic Cuban Center, which received federal money from the Department of Housing, Education and Welfare. 

The federal money looks to have been first siphoned through the U.S. Catholic Conference Migration program, or similar groups - but I can't confirm that 100% yet. That's just how it worked through the Center with refugees from Vietnam, so I'm assuming the setup was pretty similar for Cubans. 

The head of the Catholic Cuban Center, Elise Cerniglia, was also an FBI informant. The arrangement looks to be that the government - through the Cuban Center - had an arrangement with the realtor where they would install the Cubans in an apartment and pay first months rent, or something similar. With Bringuier's family just arriving in town (heck even if they didn't), he most certainly would have qualified for the aid program, and seeing how he rants about how poor he was at the time in his book it's hard to believe he wouldn't have taken advantage of free money. I think it's a pretty safe bet he didn't pick out that apartment on his own, and was placed there by Cerniglia and co. 

The real question though is the other side of the transaction. How did the Cuban Center liaise with the realtor/leasing company to place exiles in specific units at Parkchester? 

CIA involvement in resettlement programs, and in religious organizations is well documented. Operation Pedro Pan being one example. Heck I found this document where Joseph Goodwin, who in 1967 was assistant to Dick Helms, said that his "friend" was the director of the National Catholic Welfare Association in New Orleans. The "friend" called Goodwin because he was worried about Garrison investigating Emilio Santana, who had been a "client" of the NCWA aid program in the early '60s. 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=66175#relPageId=3

How Ed Parent fits into this, I have no idea, but progress is progress. I emailed Jim D. about getting a copy of Garrison's notes on the '77 William Walter interview that mention Parent, and he said (on black op radio, my email became a listener question apparently. I've since corrected the street number typo) that Bill Davy has a copy. I'm getting in touch with Davy to hopefully get a copy too, cause those notes should be pretty interesting to look at. 

Also, Ed, I was looking at the street view of Parent's quadplex yesterday actually. It looks like a pretty high security place too for a couple retirees. Gated doorways, very small windows, etc.

Garrison - William Walter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TMnllYjntM8ZIRrLAzwbNcMB7LcocNxd/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-FBCXsGjUn9Pqf9MBoL-MAk5xrxPbPw3/view?usp=sharing

There is more on Walter at the Blunt archives.

Prayer-Man.com
JFK_FNG

Sun 29 May 2022, 8:19 am
The plot thickens. I didn't know this, but in addition to running the Catholic Cuban Center, Elise Cerniglia was a full blown member of the CRC, and head of the CRC welfare committee in New Orleans. It also seems like she may have been some sort of liaison between CIA and the exile community - beyond that of just an implicit agency asset through her role with the CRC. I found a document that dovetails with the one Bart provided, that has Cerniglia connecting Bringuier, Manuel Blanco, and others with the National Guard "recruiters" that the FBI immediately pegged as CIA agents. The same document has an informant telling of an unknown CIA agent meeting with Blanco to assess an "operational interest". Blanco is the fellow CRC member who was living right next to Arcacha and Bringuier at 4521 Duplessis in '62. He worked on the CRC advertising committee with Bringuier. 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=84465#relPageId=3

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=34430#relPageId=8

Cerniglia also told Harold Weisberg in 1968 that she recalled Cubans coming into the Catholic Center for three days prior to Oswald's arrest complaining of a "nut" leafletting pro-Castro literature - and that Ed Butler used to come see her frequently:

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/C%20Disk/Cuban%20Power/Item%2037.pdf

The former allegation is interesting since an FBI report states Cerniglia was either sick or on vacation (both excuses mentioned in same document) for a couple weeks surrounding the arrest in '63. 

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/C%20Disk/Camps%20Cuban%20New%20Orleans/Item%2002.pdf

I also noticed that Gordon Novel's business partner, Rancier Ehlinger, incorporated "Mark Hellenger and Associates" with an address of 409 Balter Bulding - in Nov. '61, when both Bannister and Arcacha were in that building. 

https://coraweb.sos.la.gov//commercialsearch/CommercialSearchDetails.aspx?CharterID=96679_A348F57331

Orestes Pena had a pretty damn interesting exchange with the HSCA regarding the federal government working out of "some other offices in the same Balter Building" at that time:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=148261#relPageId=22

Again, not sure what to make of all this, but I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that Ed Parent's Parkchester address was just a coincidence. Hell it almost seems like a component of Parkchester was basically CIA subsidized housing - and Parent, a mystery investigator partnered in an incredibly shady "branch" of a Bannister linked detective agency infamous for its exploits in electronic surveillance, ends up in the same apartment as Bringuier - and possibly even lived in the same unit while Bringuier, Arcacha and Blanco were still there. Seems a little weird.

EDIT: Unrelated, but this is friggin hilarious:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/04102190N

DEANO ANDREWS' - FIVE MINUTE SLOWDRAG, INSIDE STRAIGHT WENCHING, BOOZING, TROLLING AND MARCHING SOCIETY, INC.
JFK_FNG

Sun 29 May 2022, 9:34 am
Ed.Ledoux wrote:I see...
Neighbors are:

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Scree872

Hmm. Maybe one of the neighbors will pick up the phone? Also if you or anyone else knows how to operate a ham radio, I found Parent's call-sign and FCC license number - obtained/renewed in 2013 when he was 77. I'd write it off as a hobby if the guy weren't an ex-private eye/possible intel operative, and hadn't been accused by a former FBI agent of illegal electronic surveillance on Jim Garrison:

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Parent10
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Sun 29 May 2022, 1:37 pm
Sailboats- boats typically have ham radios and require a license
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Tue 31 May 2022, 10:06 am
My secret sauce was good!
I waited for this fine Holiday to phone all the numbers... especially ones with answr machs.

I cleared all but one number.

People answer the phone on holidays Ive found.
So please send any other numbers found for Ed and Ruth Parent to me ASAP!!!
Cheers
Ed
JFK_FNG

Wed 01 Jun 2022, 2:21 am
Ed.Ledoux wrote:My secret sauce was good!
I waited for this fine Holiday to phone all the numbers... especially ones with answr machs.

I cleared all but one number.

People answer the phone on holidays Ive found.
So please send any other numbers found for Ed and Ruth Parent to me ASAP!!!
Cheers
Ed

Great stuff Ed. I’m sure you’ve tried some of these, and some are duplicates, but these are all the sources I found for potential numbers. We’re about to head to Texas so have been real busy packing etc. - hopefully the Parents are extending their holiday and will pick up the phone. 

https://clustrmaps.com/amp/person/Parent-abtqi7

https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/find/person/px2l60880uru6u428866l

http://www.dive-centers.net/dive_center_1106-scuba_quest_sport_diving_center.html

https://nuwber.com/person/563a1a6d98f8a849c1982fa8

https://neighbor.report/person/Parent-348056135

https://www.beenverified.com/people/carolyn-parent/ Has a different number and email for a Carolyn B Parent who is listed with Ed and Ruth - says she is 78, so it might just be Ruth? 

One questionable idea I had is maybe calling the sporting goods store that took over the property of Ed’s dive shop in the 90s:

https://www.loc8nearme.com/louisiana/metairie/chags-sporting-goods/5649295/

The original owner Raymond F. Chagnard looks to have passed away in 2020, but I was thinking there might be a minuscule possibility that they’d have current contact info for Ed.
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 01 Jun 2022, 4:53 pm
NICE! Keep us informed of the journey and when you are deep in the heart.

Yep they are all Carolyn Ruth Parent numbers...
I suppose the R in ruth was transposed to a B.

Harris and Harris Ltd. is one Im working.

Yeah I had the same idea about the sporting goods store and tried them too over holiday but no luck.
...not even an answering mach. Thought they would be open half day Sat... nope. Or be in Monday anyways, ya know self employed, but no.

Will try another round of calls later, when I feel chatty and dialy.
Thanks,
Ed
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 01 Jun 2022, 5:07 pm
I want to start a list of questions for an email to the addresses?

1) How was it you were you an agent for Southern Research Co of NO?
2) Did you know XYZ agents, Riggs etc
3) Who was Oster.
4) Who was Bringiuer
5) What connections to the mob was there that he knew of
6) Attorney Gagliano: was that his office across from the bar at 2003 Metairie.
7) What businesses was he an agent for Gagliano
8 )  What is Harris and Harris Ltd. Is it based in Chacago
9) Did he know other cubans in LA
10) What was Cuban housing like in 60s
11) Has he ever worked for CIA or done intell work.

Spook a spook!
JFK_FNG

Wed 01 Jun 2022, 11:29 pm
Ed.Ledoux wrote:I want to start a list of questions for an email to the addresses?

1) How was it you were you an agent for Southern Research Co of NO?
2) Did you know XYZ agents, Riggs etc
3) Who was Oster.
4) Who was Bringiuer
5) What connections to the mob was there that he knew of
6) Attorney Gagliano: was that his office across from the bar at 2003 Metairie.
7) What businesses was he an agent for Gagliano
8 )  What is Harris and Harris Ltd. Is it based in Chacago
9) Did he know other cubans in LA
10) What was Cuban housing like in 60s
11) Has he ever worked for CIA or done intell work.

Spook a spook!

12) Did you know Sergio Arcacha? Manuel Blanco? Ricardo Richard Davis?
13) Did you know Elise Cerniglia/anyone at the Cuban Catholic Center
14) How did you end up living in Parkchester Apartments in 1963?
15) Did you live in apartment A or B at 4525 Duplessis St.?
16) How long had you been living there?
17) What prompted the incorporation of Southern Research of New Orleans in the Summer of 1963? 
18) How did you become a partner in this new company and how did you know Charles Carson? 
19) When/why did you rent office space in the Masonic Temple Building?
20) Did your firm work with any of the other tenants of that building? 
21) What types of jobs did your firm generally take? 
22) Did you know Gordon Novel? Rancier Ehlinger?
23) Are you related to Betty Parent? 
24) Did you know William Dalzell?
25) What do you know about Guy Bannister? 
26) Why was your firm hired by Wackenhut as a subcontractor on the Clay Shaw case? 
27) A former FBI agent has alleged that you specifically were involved in the illegal bugging of Jim Garrison’s office. What is your response to these allegations? 

I’m sure I have a bunch more but am about to get on the road. Great idea Ed, I’ll keep adding to the list when I get the chance. Spook a spook indeed!
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Sat 04 Jun 2022, 11:19 am
Great questions!

ADDED!
JFK_FNG

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 7:32 am
Got some more stuff. I've confirmed that the federal resettlement money was funneled through the National Catholic Welfare Association, which had a contract with the Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, then to Cerniglia at the Cuban Catholic Center in New Orleans. The NCWA was utilized by the CIA for covert action and propaganda outside of Cuba, had at least one full CIA employee in its ranks, and had a cryptonym JMCLIPPER. This is the same NCWA whose leader in New Orleans was buddies with Dick Helms' assistant, and who contacted CIA when Garrison was investigating Emilio Santana since Santana was a NCWA client and CIA asset. I also found this killer document that has the NCWA connecting a delegate of the DRE with the CIA in Washington, who was seeking confirmation after the DRE had been promised 50,000 a month by a CIA agent in Miami (Phillips? Joannides?):

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=52353#relPageId=2&search="National_Catholic%20Welfare"

This ties in with Cerniglia connecting Bringuier, Quiroga, Blanco et al. with the CIA fake National Guard recruiters in New Orleans. Basically it looks like it was SOP for these voluntary aid groups to serve as liaison between CIA and the Cuban exiles. I found a direct example of this too: the NCWA was the funding channel for AMCALL and AMOURETTE, which were anticommunist Cuban operations within the Catholic Youth Workers in the early '60s. NCWA both provided and monitored the use of funds by these groups for clandestine activities. 

Still though the biggest thing I'm missing on the resettlement angle is who Cerniglia was working with in Parkchester management, and whether or not there were any other housing agencies involved. Based on what Cerniglia did in the 70s with refugees from Vietnam, it looks like she likely approached the management of Parkchester and came to an agreement to place Cubans there, but I can't find anything beyond that. 

Also Ed, I think you figured this out already but Parkchester was set up as quadplexes. We know that 4525 Duplessis had units A and B but I'm wondering if Arcacha at 4523 was also in the same unit. I'm not sure how to verify this though.

I found something else that might be relevant. A Jean-Edward Parent from Metairie joined the Texas State Historical Association in 2017, one of very few new members (out of hundreds) not from Texas. I think it's gotta be the same guy, so maybe searching for Jean might yield some new info:

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Parent11

EDIT: Now I'm not so sure about Jean, but I'm thinking it might be a candidate for Ed's son. He lives in Metairie and works as a postal clerk, and used to be an operations officer in the Navy:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jean-edward-parent-42b3784/

Might be someone worth contacting...
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 10:01 am
Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Scree891
JFK_FNG

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 10:08 am
Ed.Ledoux wrote:Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Scree891

That was one of my sources, found on JSTOR. The USCC used to be the NCWA. 

Also, thank's to Facebook I found a photo of Jean-Edward's sister (I think) with her mother, who is named Betty Milner. Milner is a married name, and when she had the kids her name was Betty Parent. If Edward E. is really the father, and was married to Betty, assuming it's the right Betty, in the 1960s, that would be a whole new level of suspicious.
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 11:41 am
Posting a bunch of materials maybe clues in them

Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Scree892
Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Scree894
Charles R. Carson - Page 2 Scree893
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 09 Jun 2022, 11:44 am