REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Weigman  David  zapruder  Darnell  prayer  beckley  fritz  4  2  frazier  11  9  +Lankford  Mason  Humor  3a  Floor  Lankford  Lifton  paine  hosty  Theory  doyle  tippit  3  tsbd  

Like/Tweet/+1

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

+27
greg_parker
Eastern Spotted Skunk
steely_dan
Vinny
cavalier973
Mick_Purdy
Colin_Crow
TerryWMartin
StanDane
Jake_Sykes
Goban_Saor
Hasan Yusuf
Ray Mitcham
Faroe Islander
Mark A. O'Blazney
Marlene Zenker
AllenLowe
John Mooney
Frankie Vegas
Albert Rossi
Admin_2
Redfern
dwdunn(akaDan)
James DiEugenio
Robert Charles-Dunne
beowulf
ianlloyd
31 posters
Go down
ianlloyd

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 Empty "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Wed 21 Aug 2013, 5:02 pm
First topic message reminder :

As I am not a member of the EF, I cannot post there but there is an interesting discussion going on there at the moment regarding a figure in the TSBD doorway generally referred to as "Prayer Man" due to the apparent position of his hands, seemingly clasped in front of his chest as if in prayer.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20354

I recall this person being discussed somewhere many years ago and was referred to as "Prayer Man" pretty much from the outset but I cannot recall where it originated, maybe on Lancer?

Anyway, the reason for this post is that, upon looking closely at the various photographs and movie clips presented as part of the discussion, it struck me that his hands don't seem to move from the "prayer" position for what seems to be quite some time. Was he holding something, I wonder? If so, it seems an odd way to hold whatever it was.

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:28 am
Jake Sykes wrote:Just reading the old back and forth on how nobody "saw" LHO if he was standing on the steps (and he was) so that should show it's not him. 

If you read "The Godfather" there's a long bit in there that precedes Sonny's shooting of a rival or whatever in the restaurant. A big scene in the movie of course. Anyway, it explains in detail how in executing the murder Sonny should and would simply retrieve the gun hidden in the lav, walk out, shoot, drop the gun and walk out. He should not worry about being seen by the people there. They would be in such shock and awe that looking at his face would be the last thing they would focus on. This was the way to play it, from the people who knew about those things.

So little wonder no one focused on the menial nobody in the corner of the steps to TSBD. Everyone was looking at something else at that point.
That coupled with a healthy dose of intimidation, are the ingredients for amnesia to be sure

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 Byp_211
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Sun 12 Feb 2017, 2:18 pm
Right mate. Mick, nice to see you back.

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:02 pm
This guy wanted to visit Dallas and show Marina the PM image.Wonder if he did manage to do so.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/dallas/2636521-safe-affordable-living-arrangement-few-weeks-3.html

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 1:23 am
"The Education Forum stands for thoroughly researched evidence and theories and although serious attempts have been to introduce logic and discipline into this topic the supporters of PrayerMan have made that impossible"

Well then Mingus, let's have a brief recap.

MacRea, the originator of the thread, took off taking his cartoons with him.

Doyle earned himself a ban. Currently banned from the DPF for showing the same "logic and discipline".

Miller, who can trade insults with the best of them when asked a question he'd rather not answer.

Trejo, quite simply an outragious liar.

And then there's you, who doesn't know east from west, or as we would say, your arse from your elbow.

Good day to you, sir.

You ain't gonna know what you learn if you knew it....... confused

Checkmate.

Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 3:41 am
Logic and discipline. I suppose one could say these were utilized effectively by the team nurturing the ridiculousness there. It was ridiculous to begin with and it remained so to the end. To blame it's demise on PM supporters requires similar logic and discipline as necessary to affect that same brand of ridiculousness. All very educational, in its way.

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 9:57 am
Jake Sykes wrote:Logic and discipline. I suppose one could say these were utilized effectively by the team nurturing the ridiculousness there. It was ridiculous to begin with and it remained so to the end. To blame it's demise on PM supporters requires similar logic and discipline as necessary to affect that same brand of ridiculousness. All very educational, in its way.
Of course Gordon is going to blame "PM supporters", Jake, whatever the fuck that is. It isn't a belief system like the dickhead makes it out to be. Barto has never shied away from providing evidence when asked yet his Sasquatch hunting mate has been given a reprieve by closing the thread. This is about remaining in the 53 year old wilderness where magical 2FE encounters exist along side Bigfoot narrated by the WC findings. They call that logic over at the EF. That's the real sad truth.
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 10:33 am
Well said Paul. Agree completely.

The irony is the intelligence it takes to feign ignorance out of a fear of the consequences of an honest appraisal is enough to permit them to make that self same honest appraisal. It appears the bottom line is they are afraid of what it all could mean, and that fear likely exists at levels involving both their own world views as well as their own personal egos.

Now they would most certainly state the same in a turn table upon ourselves, but the difference between us and them is that we are willing to be proven wrong by clear scans, while they are decidedly not willing to do that.

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 10:51 am
Unforunately Jake and Paul I fear you are dead right.

I'd say this fear of what might be is what is driving most in the broader JFK research community.

There is a lot at stake, a lot of money involved for some, to think that a finding of PM being Oswald and what that would do to business is for some unthinkable.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 Byp_211
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 2:09 pm
Yep. 

Can anyone at all find where Squatchman has supplied a citation for anything? He has quoted from the WC testimonies on occasion, but that's about it. The bulk of his input has been driven self-confessed ignorance (not having read the thread he stuck his mug into) and a poor memory of his equally ignorant input on semi-related matters from years gone by.

Then we have Pugsley, who contributions are much the same, and Albert and the Glaswegian Vampire Cupid and their churlish ad childish games. 

The only people who provided any real attempts at serious research in the thread are those on this side and maybe one or two on the fence.

But Barto did use a cuss word. That cancels everything else out. 

The place is pathetic. Their latest attempt to tidy it up has merit, but will go south quick.

Why?

Because due to their belief that they adhere to educational "standards", they are de facto, saying that things like the Two Oswald theory is based on sound research principles, ditto Pugsley's theory, ditto the Moon Landing Hoax and whatever other bullshit is allowed to posted over there.

Bottom line - they don't give a toss about academic standards. They only give a toss about "good manners". If you act with collegiality, no matter how affected and phony that is, you will be accepted and can post any crap you like.

Last edited by greg parker on Sun 26 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing my typos!)

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 9:59 pm
Vinny

Mon 27 Mar 2017, 1:23 am
Prayer Man is an endangered species on many forums.

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 3:32 am
Barto Kamp had the temerity to ask sasquatch seeker Bill Miller to provide some empirical evidence for his (Miller’s) bizarre interpretation of the Prayer Man image and when Miller failed to provide it, James Gordon shut down the thread blaming Barto Kamp and ROKC.

Proper order too I say.

It is an Education Forum after all. One can’t have things like science, logic and evidence interfering with people’s right to foul up discussions with every kind of baseless bolloxology they can think of.

The truth. No; by nature man is more afraid of the truth than of death...For man is a social animal – only in the herd is he happy. It is all one to him whether it is the profoundest nonsense or the greatest villainy – he feels completely at ease with it, so long as it is the view of the herd, or the action of the herd, and he is able to join the herd. (Soren Kierkegaard)

So let us not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late. (Bob Dylan)
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:32 am
Stan Dane wrote:
The Ed Forum must be kept safe for two Oswalds, two Marguerites and Puglseyite standards of evidence where God-Fearing Squatch Hunters can recall their Greatest Hits of the '90s!!

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:41 am
An email from an interested observer asked if this photo had ever been used to compare with PM. To my knowledge, it hasn't. To my eyes, it nails it (if you perceive as I do - thanks again Jake! - that PM has his arms folded and what originally was thought to be a hand is really a reflection of his elbow or the top of the heater behind the glass).

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 Oswald-at-no-courthouse-1

As my correspondent said, "I think people tend to have certain "poses" in their lives, stances that feel most comfortable to them. I'd be willing to bet this was LHO's comfort stance." The shot shows him outside the New Orleans Court House where he was fined $10.00 for his leafleting.

Last edited by greg parker on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Me

Don Jeffries

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:15 am
greg parker wrote:An email from an interested observer asked if this photo had ever been used to compare with PM. To my knowledge, it hasn't. To my eyes, it nails it (if you perceive as I do - thanks again Jake! - that PM has his arms folded and what originally was thought to be a hand is really a reflection of his elbow or the top of the heater behind the glass).

As my correspondent said, "I think people tend to have certain "poses" in their lives, stances that feel most comfortable to them. I'd be willing to bet this was LHO's comfort stance." The shot shows him outside the New Orleans Court House where he was fine $10.00 for his leafleting.
Never seen that photo of Oswald before but I agree with your correspondent about poses. Ditto about Jake. I have to thank him for that too.
FFS I don't understand what all the fuss is about when it comes to PM being Oswald. It's not even an enormous leap when all things are considered for those who claim Oswald wasn't on the 6th floor. Some people are enjoying the inertia of this case far too much.
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 11:17 am
Their only hope was Sarah Stanton.
The plump lady is not PM.
Her position was East side of steps.
She did not slide over through the door pane of glass nor ran down the east side steps and back up the West side steps. She is not PM so they are left with jack. Jack shit.

That pose by OSWALD is PMs pose.
Check mate.

Cheers, Ed
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:01 pm
But this is supposed to be Lee HARVEY Oswald- yet he has LEE Harvey Oswald's Elbow Slope! AGGGHH!!!! The Fez will go into meltdown!!!

Here is PM again for comparison:

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 Prayer%20man%20info%20just%20not%20there_zpsdkjlxf9g

Me

Don Jeffries

Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:04 pm
Fez needs to admit defeat

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:11 pm
We should use that image from here on to batter home the whole point. 
Check mate indeed.
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm
That is Lee Harvey Oswald in the flesh. 

If it wasn't for you guys the whole thing would never have even entered my consciousness, so the thanks go to you and your fine, kick-ass attitudes that stimulate people like me to think different.

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm
ROKC on Jake!

Amazing what has been accomplished here.

Cheers, Ed

Last edited by Ed. Ledoux on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
StanDane
StanDane

Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:40 pm
greg parker wrote:An email from an interested observer asked if this photo had ever been used to compare with PM. To my knowledge, it hasn't. To my eyes, it nails it (if you perceive as I do - thanks again Jake! - that PM has his arms folded and what originally was thought to be a hand is really a reflection of his elbow or the top of the heater behind the glass).

As my correspondent said, "I think people tend to have certain "poses" in their lives, stances that feel most comfortable to them. I'd be willing to bet this was LHO's comfort stance." The shot shows him outside the New Orleans Court House where he was fined $10.00 for his leafleting.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 37 PM-LHO%20Overlay
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:07 pm
Stan,

that one is useful too because he is facing almost the same way. The one outside the courthouse is useful for being much closer in time.

Me

Don Jeffries

StanDane
StanDane

Fri 31 Mar 2017, 1:40 am
greg parker wrote:Stan,

that one is useful too because he is facing almost the same way. The one outside the courthouse is useful for being much closer in time.

Preponderance of the evidence.

Never having been tried, Lee Oswald still has presumption of innocence.

Judging by what Oswald claimed—and what your eyes tell you—can anyone say that Prayer Man is not Oswald beyond a reasonable doubt?

The accusers need to start proving because the burden of proof is on them. We don't have to prove shit.

Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy.

Checkmate.
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
http://martianpublishing.com

Fri 31 Mar 2017, 2:39 am
Stan Dane wrote:
greg parker wrote:Stan,

Preponderance of the evidence.

Never having been tried, Lee Oswald still has presumption of innocence.

Judging by what Oswald claimed—and what your eyes tell you—can anyone say that Prayer Man is not Oswald beyond a reasonable doubt?

The accusers need to start proving because the burden of proof is on them. We don't have to prove shit.

Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy.

Checkmate.

Brilliantly stated.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum