REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Lifton  4  Mason  tippit  2  11  3  frazier  Lankford  fritz  zapruder  tsbd  Floor  Theory  Weigman  paine  Humor  David  prayer  Darnell  9  hosty  +Lankford  doyle  beckley  3a  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Sabato, The Kennedy Half-Century, reviewed by DiEugenio Empty Sabato, The Kennedy Half-Century, reviewed by DiEugenio

Sat 28 Dec 2013, 7:44 am
Aside from unmasking yet another agenda-driven piece of drivel, I would point particularly to Jim's excellent debunking of the myth (as told by the likes of Howard Zinn and others) that JFK was, until 1963, "slow moving" on the civil rights question (see part III).

Bravo, Jim.

http://www.ctka.net/reviews/sabato_2.html
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Sabato, The Kennedy Half-Century, reviewed by DiEugenio Empty Re: Sabato, The Kennedy Half-Century, reviewed by DiEugenio

Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:07 am
Terrific review, Jim! I especially liked your discussion on Kennedy's civil rights policy. There was quite a bit there that I didn't know.
James DiEugenio

Sabato, The Kennedy Half-Century, reviewed by DiEugenio Empty Re: Sabato, The Kennedy Half-Century, reviewed by DiEugenio

Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:50 am
Thanks gentlemen.

See, up until about a decade ago it was a given that Kennedy had been a champion of civil rights for black Americans.

Suddenly, in this mad, crazy establishment/MSM obsession with denigrating Kennedy, this suddenly got transformed into JFK not being interested in the topic, and then going at a glacial pace on it.

Luckily, I kept my books on the subject.  As you can see, its more BS.

Last edited by James DiEugenio on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Sun 29 Dec 2013, 12:44 am
Kudos to you Jim for all the time you put into debunking all the crap about JFK's presidency. I honestly can't stand to read through any of these books. I'd much rather bash my head against a brick wall.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Sun 29 Dec 2013, 1:38 am
I may be remembering incorrectly, then, but I thought that attitude also was voiced in Zinn's "Peoples' History".  It seemed to me to come from the left before the right.  But I ultimately have to defer to Jim here who is definitely more up to speed on this.
James DiEugenio

Sun 29 Dec 2013, 3:32 am
It probably is Albert.

I don't have Zinn's book anymore on my shelf.  But in my review I noted that this effort is one of those where the loopy left meets up with the Fox News right.  

Which is why I don't trust either one anymore.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum