REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
MY EPIPHANY Today at 3:34 pmsteely_dan
Charles R. CarsonYesterday at 11:39 amJFK_FNG
Prayer ManWed 10 Aug 2022, 7:51 pmVinny
MEMBER POLLWed 10 Aug 2022, 11:09 amgreg_parker
Out of the blank w/ParkerTue 09 Aug 2022, 7:18 pmVinny
posting issuesMon 08 Aug 2022, 12:00 pmgreg_parker
Log in
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+1
LOGLINE
Thinking of dumping Facebook? Join the new social media platform that is not weaponizing your private information or using it for profit https://logline.gregrparker.com

What I Love About This Forum

+3
greg_parker
Hasan Yusuf
TerryWMartin
7 posters
Go down
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
Posts : 991
Join date : 2013-11-30
Age : 70
Location : Middleburg, VA, USA
http://martianpublishing.com

What I Love About This Forum Empty What I Love About This Forum

Thu 05 Jun 2014, 12:24 am
First of all, this forum is IMO unique in that its purpose is not to "discuss" the case or push one particular scenario but to ReOpen the Case. So many other places seem to wander all across the landscape but here the focus is maintained. That in itself is amazing.

Second, pretty much everyone here has a sense of humor. That is a rare commodity not generally displayed in other places, especially with regards to this case.

Third, everyone here can mostly leave their egos at rest. At times things get a little heated but most the people involved can quickly return to normal. Everyone here seems to easily admit to being wrong about one thing or another rather than beat their chests. Many here defer to wiser counsel.

And there is a really wild and ecclectic bunch here. As Greg put it on the "Question for anyone" thread: "Old rockers with grizzled home truths and bon mots, Modest maths and logic wizards, Polite Kiwis yet paradoxically with  attitude, A bloody good and knowledgeable Spaniard who once lived in some of my old haunts in Sydney, An unearthed and future comedic legend, Authors with values beyond a dollar and insight beyond their navals, A small army of honest researchers from anywhere and everywhere, Lee."

From those who footnote and reference everything, like Carmine, to those who avoid the practice like the plague, like me, everyone here brings a different viewpoint and a different set of values into the mix.

Just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone I have learned from on the site. And if there is any possible chance of getting the case reopened, I sincerely believe this wild bunch can get it done.

Terry (aka Fenway Braxton, the cursed)
 Very Happy

_________________
If God had intended Man to do anything except copulate, He would have given us brains. 
                          - - - Ignatz Verbotham
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 05 Jun 2014, 12:42 am
terlin wrote:First of all, this forum is IMO unique in that its purpose is not to "discuss" the case or push one particular scenario but to ReOpen the Case. So many other places seem to wander all across the landscape but here the focus is maintained. That in itself is amazing.

Second, pretty much everyone here has a sense of humor. That is a rare commodity not generally displayed in other places, especially with regards to this case.

Third, everyone here can mostly leave their egos at rest. At times things get a little heated but most the people involved can quickly return to normal. Everyone here seems to easily admit to being wrong about one thing or another rather than beat their chests. Many here defer to wiser counsel.

And there is a really wild and ecclectic bunch here. As Greg put it on the "Question for anyone" thread: "Old rockers with grizzled home truths and bon mots, Modest maths and logic wizards, Polite Kiwis yet paradoxically with  attitude, A bloody good and knowledgeable Spaniard who once lived in some of my old haunts in Sydney, An unearthed and future comedic legend, Authors with values beyond a dollar and insight beyond their navals, A small army of honest researchers from anywhere and everywhere, Lee."

From those who footnote and reference everything, like Carmine, to those who avoid the practice like the plague, like me, everyone here brings a different viewpoint and a different set of values into the mix.

Just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone I have learned from on the site. And if there is any possible chance of getting the case reopened, I sincerely believe this wild bunch can get it done.

Terry (aka Fenway Braxton, the cursed)
 Very Happy



I agree with everything you wrote, Terry. IMO, this is now (by far) the best forum on the net.
avatar
Guest
Guest

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 05 Jun 2014, 4:31 pm
It takes many viewpoints to consider all the facets of the case. I'm glad to part of the forum and to discuss it with those who frequent it. i.


i. Carmine Savastano, "What I love about this forum", Post by Terlin, reopenkennedycase. forummotion.net  Very Happy
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
Posts : 7543
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 64
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 05 Jun 2014, 4:46 pm
Carmine Savastano wrote:It takes many viewpoints to consider all the facets of the case. I'm glad to part of the forum and to discuss it with those who frequent it. i.


i. Carmine Savastano, "What I love about this forum", Post by Terlin, reopenkennedycase. forummotion.net  Very Happy
Consider the source, Carmine.

_________________
Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
              Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me


"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
StanDane
StanDane
Posts : 3604
Join date : 2013-09-03
Age : 69
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 05 Jun 2014, 6:00 pm
One thing I love about this forum is Hasan. He takes no shit from douchebags!
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
Posts : 991
Join date : 2013-11-30
Age : 70
Location : Middleburg, VA, USA
http://martianpublishing.com

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:59 pm
Carmine Savastano wrote:It takes many viewpoints to consider all the facets of the case. I'm glad to part of the forum and to discuss it with those who frequent it. i.


i. Carmine Savastano, "What I love about this forum", Post by Terlin, reopenkennedycase. forummotion.net  Very Happy

See? Carmine cannot even post a trifle without citing the post itself!!

Is this guy brilliant or what?

(and the citation is in the correct form as well)

_________________
If God had intended Man to do anything except copulate, He would have given us brains. 
                          - - - Ignatz Verbotham
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:31 am
Stan Dane wrote:One thing I love about this forum is Hasan. He takes no shit from douchebags!

I appreciate your comment, Stan. Mr Brown shit thought he could post on this forum despite being banned. Well, he found out the hard way that he doesn't get to decide when he can start posting again.
avatar
Guest
Guest

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 06 Jun 2014, 9:34 am
I love being able to write fuck, shit, prick etc on this forum without having it being replaced with an emoticon. Its very liberating.
And I love how there is hardly any LN's here. I fucking hate those WC shit peddling pricks etc.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 06 Jun 2014, 9:38 am
I hate them too, Paul. They are all useless cunts. And Mr Brown shit wonders why I don't like him LOL!
avatar
Mark A. O'Blazney
Posts : 100
Join date : 2013-10-03

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 06 Jun 2014, 5:40 pm
Guess you've seen your puss on Cinque's blog, Mr. Y.

Welcome to the Club.  Oh, Lordy.
StanDane
StanDane
Posts : 3604
Join date : 2013-09-03
Age : 69
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 03 Jul 2014, 9:45 am
What I love about this forum is that we don't savage people who make good, reasoned arguments and points. And people who tell the truth.
 
Carmine Savastano is one of the most level-headed, fair and balanced people you'll ever encounter. But over at Duncan Donuts, a few hyenas and bonobos are all over Carmine, attacking his reasonable positions.

I would NEVER be a member over there. I would NEVER be a member at DeepFooFoo. They are shitholes masquerading as research forums.
 
We are tolerant here. VERY tolerant. But we don't suffer bullshitters, liars, fools,  and other worthless douchebags gladly (i.e., the bpetes, the BB1&2s, the Bobby Ps of the world).
 
I fucking LOVE this place!
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
Posts : 991
Join date : 2013-11-30
Age : 70
Location : Middleburg, VA, USA
http://martianpublishing.com

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:12 am
For the newcomer, know that Stan is very excitable.

Just wait til something REALLY gets him wound up.

(and the kids in high school said I'd never make the cheerleading squad. Fools!)

_________________
If God had intended Man to do anything except copulate, He would have given us brains. 
                          - - - Ignatz Verbotham
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
Posts : 7543
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 64
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 03 Jul 2014, 12:49 pm
terlin wrote:For the newcomer, know that Stan is very excitable.

Just wait til something REALLY gets him wound up.

(and the kids in high school said I'd never make the cheerleading squad. Fools!)
Careful Terry,

I note Stan has made 666 posts. That could be bad for you and others in the northern hemisphere. 

Okay for me, though. It's 999 here. Go for it!

_________________
Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
              Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me


"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
Posts : 7543
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 64
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Thu 03 Jul 2014, 2:03 pm
Stan Dane wrote:What I love about this forum is that we don't savage people who make good, reasoned arguments and points. And people who tell the truth.
 
Carmine Savastano is one of the most level-headed, fair and balanced people you'll ever encounter. But over at Duncan Donuts, a few hyenas and bonobos are all over Carmine, attacking his reasonable positions.

I would NEVER be a member over there. I would NEVER be a member at DeepFooFoo. They are shitholes masquerading as research forums.
 
We are tolerant here. VERY tolerant. But we don't suffer bullshitters, liars, fools,  and other worthless douchebags gladly (i.e., the bpetes, the BB1&2s, the Bobby Ps of the world).
 
I fucking LOVE this place!
Well!

_________________
Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
              Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me


"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 33
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:31 am
Stan Dane wrote:What I love about this forum is that we don't savage people who make good, reasoned arguments and points. And people who tell the truth.
 
Carmine Savastano is one of the most level-headed, fair and balanced people you'll ever encounter. But over at Duncan Donuts, a few hyenas and bonobos are all over Carmine, attacking his reasonable positions.

I would NEVER be a member over there. I would NEVER be a member at DeepFooFoo. They are shitholes masquerading as research forums.
 
We are tolerant here. VERY tolerant. But we don't suffer bullshitters, liars, fools,  and other worthless douchebags gladly (i.e., the bpetes, the BB1&2s, the Bobby Ps of the world).
 
I fucking LOVE this place!


Very nicely said, Stan. I would suggest to Carmine that he stay away from MacRae's troll infested forum.
avatar
Guest
Guest

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:35 am
Been thinking about this all day. Other forums may frown upon us and twitch their curtains when we party, but we are family. Like all families we can fall out from time to time, but its rare and no big deal. Our forum neighbours, who consist of members, simply dont get it....we are family
avatar
Guest
Guest

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm
Alan Dixon wrote:Been thinking about this all day. Other forums may frown upon us and twitch their curtains when we party, but we are family. Like all families we can fall out from time to time, but its rare and no big deal. Our forum neighbours, who consist of members, simply dont get it....we are family
Which sister is who, Alan?

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
Posts : 7543
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 64
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm
Since Lee is the biggest sledge artist here, I'd think he'd have to be lead singer. Back-up and occasional lead singers are Alan, Hasan and Paul. 

Lead song-writer is Terry and all special effects by Stan...


ps
I don't know if our US bros and sistas will get the Sledge reference but I nominate Hasan or Paul to explain!

_________________
Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
              Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me


"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
avatar
Guest
Guest

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm
greg parker wrote:Since Lee is the biggest sledge artist here, I'd think he'd have to be lead singer. Back-up and occasional lead singers are Alan, Hasan and Paul. 

Lead song-writer is Terry and all special effects by Stan...


ps
I don't know if our US bros and sistas will get the Sledge reference but I nominate Hasan or Paul to explain!
I should just put up some Shane Warne videos but I am afraid I will also need to explain cricket and that is a tall order. Its like explaining Vegemite. Its an acquired taste.
The US equivalent of sledging I guess would be trash talking an opponent to put them off their game. Usually delivered with a blunt piece of truth and often brutal.
Lee is definitely the Shane Warne of this forum and Bob is most definitely his bunny.
avatar
Guest
Guest

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:33 pm
Our Karaoke nights are legendary. And Bob will agree our sledging isn't too shabby either!
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
Posts : 991
Join date : 2013-11-30
Age : 70
Location : Middleburg, VA, USA
http://martianpublishing.com

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:44 am
Paul Klein wrote:
greg parker wrote:Since Lee is the biggest sledge artist here, I'd think he'd have to be lead singer. Back-up and occasional lead singers are Alan, Hasan and Paul. 

Lead song-writer is Terry and all special effects by Stan...


ps
I don't know if our US bros and sistas will get the Sledge reference but I nominate Hasan or Paul to explain!
I should just put up some Shane Warne videos but I am afraid I will also need to explain cricket and that is a tall order. Its like explaining Vegemite. Its an acquired taste.
The US equivalent of sledging I guess would be trash talking an opponent to put them off their game. Usually delivered with a blunt piece of truth and often brutal.
Lee is definitely the Shane Warne of this forum and Bob is most definitely his bunny.

Thanks for the explanation. Short and sweet.

Cricket explanation would have been far lengthier... and more confusing. Vegemite, haggis, borscht: tastes I never acquired.

The main thing I take from this is that Lee is going to savage the whitetail. Sounds like fun!

_________________
If God had intended Man to do anything except copulate, He would have given us brains. 
                          - - - Ignatz Verbotham
Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas
Posts : 367
Join date : 2009-11-09
Age : 39
Location : New Zealand

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Sat 12 Jul 2014, 12:26 am
I love that this forum is not intimidating. Good people here.
StanDane
StanDane
Posts : 3604
Join date : 2013-09-03
Age : 69
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Sat 16 Aug 2014, 8:40 am
One of the things I love about this place is that we laugh often and we don't take ourselves too seriously. I mean, how many other forums proudly feature the Dirty Dozen and the Four Musketeers? How many other forums play tunes like Johnny Pissoff and Paralyzed?
 
:: crickets chirping ::
 
I feel good here, sometimes too good (but what the fuck, life is short, right?).
 
Anywho, I decide to surf over to Duncan's joint a while ago and see what's up and what do I hear playing on the radidio? This:
 

 
Welcome to the jungle! ROTFL! How appropriate!
 
Now I have to come up with the right tune for Deep Foo Foo and the goose-stepping Evica-Drago Model site. Hell, while we'er at it, ED too. If you have any ideas, feel free to shoot as the spirit moves ya. 

I'm out of here for weekend. Later mates!
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
Posts : 7543
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 64
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Sat 16 Aug 2014, 7:23 pm
How about this for DeepFooFoo?



_________________
Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
              Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me


"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
Posts : 7543
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 64
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Sat 16 Aug 2014, 7:26 pm
...or maybe this one....?


_________________
Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
              Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me


"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Sponsored content

What I Love About This Forum Empty Re: What I Love About This Forum

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum