REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

frazier  doyle  2  Floor  Humor  paine  zapruder  3  Lifton  +Lankford  tsbd  Lankford  11  tippit  Mason  fritz  beckley  9  Darnell  hosty  3a  Weigman  prayer  David  4  Theory  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
JFK_FNG

Dorothea Myers and Neely St.  Empty Dorothea Myers and Neely St.

Sun 14 Nov 2021, 7:52 am
Dorothea Myers was the Dallas Postal Inspector who supposedly told James Hosty on 3/11/63 that the Oswalds had changed their address to 214 Neely St., but there is no evidence whatsoever that the Oswalds ever gave the Neely St. address to the Post Office or received mail there. The only mailing address the Oswalds used in Dallas was P.O. Box 2915, which Hosty was somehow unable to figure out, even after his alleged "check with the Postmaster" on 5/27/63 where he was told that the Oswalds left no forwarding address, which of course was false. 

The Neely St. address is not even hinted at nor is Myers' name mentioned in any report from the Postal Inspection Service from after the assassination. Hosty's supposed failure in tracking the Oswalds to New Orleans would have never happened if P.O. Box 2915 had made its way into Oswald's file, which on its own is ridiculous, but if we believe Hosty it looks like Myers deliberately provided false information about Neely St. Has anyone seen any other information about Dorothea Myers? I've never seen her name mentioned anywhere besides Hosty's FBI report and "Oswald and the CIA", and she seems like a pretty suspicious character. 

FBI Report:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=57690#relPageId=112
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Dorothea Myers and Neely St.  Empty Re: Dorothea Myers and Neely St.

Sun 14 Nov 2021, 2:14 pm
JFK_FNG wrote:Dorothea Myers was the Dallas Postal Inspector who supposedly told James Hosty on 3/11/63 that the Oswalds had changed their address to 214 Neely St., but there is no evidence whatsoever that the Oswalds ever gave the Neely St. address to the Post Office or received mail there. The only mailing address the Oswalds used in Dallas was P.O. Box 2915, which Hosty was somehow unable to figure out, even after his alleged "check with the Postmaster" on 5/27/63 where he was told that the Oswalds left no forwarding address, which of course was false. 

The Neely St. address is not even hinted at nor is Myers' name mentioned in any report from the Postal Inspection Service from after the assassination. Hosty's supposed failure in tracking the Oswalds to New Orleans would have never happened if P.O. Box 2915 had made its way into Oswald's file, which on its own is ridiculous, but if we believe Hosty it looks like Myers deliberately provided false information about Neely St. Has anyone seen any other information about Dorothea Myers? I've never seen her name mentioned anywhere besides Hosty's FBI report and "Oswald and the CIA", and she seems like a pretty suspicious character. 

FBI Report:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=57690#relPageId=112
Is it possible the "protect ID" note was in fact to protect the non-existence of this person? 

Hosty claims to have verified the address by paying a visit and seeing a nameplate on the mailmail saying "Mr and Mrs Oswald".

Yet the meter reader seems to have missed it's sudden appearance and kept reporting the place as empty. And also -- what became of it? Sure the frugal Oswald would have unscrewed it and kept using it elsewhere?

The information comes to Hosty the day after the pot-shot at Walker, and then 2 weeks later Lee is gone and Marina is with Ruthy.

Her is a timeline:  https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=207532#relPageId=42

Note that this is from the files of an FBI analyst. Note that this analyst as said "Oswald's ALLEGEDLY move from 602 Elsbeth to  214 W Neely"

Also the report from Elsbeth that Oswald got drunk and abusive toward Marina does not ring true. I can believe the latter, but not the drunk bit - unless he developed the drinking habit at Elsbeth and quickly dropped it after moving.  Was the drining bit simply an assumption BECAUSE of the abuse they could here?

Whatever the case, Marina possibly moved solo to W Neely with June. but not Lee. The electricity stayed in his name at Elsbeth until the day prior to his move to Nw Orleans. The elecricy at Elsbeth was nver put in Oswald's name, though from memory, the gas may have been. No need to get the electricity account fixed. Marina would use very little and and it  had not been switched off.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
JFK_FNG

Sun 14 Nov 2021, 6:58 pm
Isn't that timeline from the AARB/Jeremy Gunn, not the FBI? I was looking at it the other day regarding Hosty's 5/27/63 "check with the Postmaster". The footnote to the claim that Oswald "allegedly" moved to Neely references the exact same FBI report I linked, the 3/25/63 memo from SAC Dallas to Bureau. I agree that the "protect identity" note is exceptionally weird, since she is not assigned an informant number or even a temporary designation "T" symbol. The same report references the 9/28/62 Oswald subscription to "The Worker", and the version on mff is redacted but the redacted "name" is almost certainly NY-2354-S, which is the same informant in the CPUSA Headquarters in NYC with the temporary designation Dallas T-2 in Hosty's 9/10/63 report. If Myers was actually a real informant it's definitely odd that she would be referred to by name in the body of an FBI memo. 

As far as I know, the first (only?) actual document linking Oswald to Neely St. is the 4/12/63 claim to the Texas Unemployment Commission discovered after the assassination, also provided by an FBI Informant. The Dorothea Myers claim, especially since she was supposedly a Dallas Postal Inspector, is absolutely incredulous based on the Post Office documents discovered after the assassination and reports from the Postal Inspection Service. The only mailing address on file for the Oswalds in Dallas from October '62 through May '63 and the only return address they used on any mail as far as I know was P.O. Box 2915. It certainly seems odd that there was a complete blackout on the Oswalds' mail during that period for their Dallas security file, despite regular correspondence with "The Worker", "The Militant", the FPCC, and the Soviet Embassy, but the Dorothea Myers business and Hosty's "Postmaster check" from 5/27/63 where the Oswalds supposedly left no forwarding address tilts the scale into full blown suspicion. One thing that interests me is that the common thread seems to be suppression of the Oswalds' post office box number. If P.O. Box 2915 makes it into the Oswald file, or the Post Office actually tells Hosty about it, the Dallas Field Office finds out about Oswald's New Orleans street address in May, instead of the ridiculous official story of finding out from New Orleans on 8/14/63.
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Mon 15 Nov 2021, 7:21 am
Thx to Malcolm Blunt.

USPS - R H Robinson Dec 4 1963

Harry Dean Holmes.

Prayer-Man.com
JFK_FNG

Mon 15 Nov 2021, 10:48 am
Thanks Bart. Once again there's some great stuff in there I didn't have. I was specifically looking for the last page of Holmes' 12/3/63 report so this is extremely helpful. Still not a single mention of Neely St. and/or Dorothea Myers. On interesting detail though is there's a handwritten note on the Postal Inspection Service compilation of all the initial reports, that appears to have been an outline for CE 1799, that says:

2-3/63
602 Elsbeth

Then:

3/63
P.O. Box 2915
F'd to New Orleans

Last edited by JFK_FNG on Wed 24 Nov 2021, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
orangebicycle

Tue 23 Nov 2021, 2:43 am
It's always surprised me that so little follow-up was done on the Oswalds' downstairs neighbours at Neely, the 'Brays', George and Clydie.

They were interviewed by the FBI on 30 Nov 1963 at their post-Neely residence in Corrigan, TX, and had some interesting things to say about the Oswalds' quarreling, particularly when a 'stocky' individual would come to visit - always using the back stairs. This much is buried in the Warren Report, but the Brays / Grays were never called to testify in person. You have to wonder why. There's also confusion over the surname: Bray or Gray?

A June 1964 WC affidavit names them as 'the Grays', likewise a Dec 1963 Secret Service report, and this seems to be correct. I did some digging on FamilySearch, drew a blank with 'Bray' but got a positive hit for Gray. This is on the assumption that a 'George B. / Clydie' combo in Texas is unique. 

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&q.birthLikeDate.from=1915&q.birthLikeDate.to=1945&q.givenName=George&q.recordCountry=United%20States&q.sex=Male&q.spouseGivenName=Clydie&q.surname=Gray&c.sex=on&f.sex=male

According to FS, Clydie's maiden name was Clydie Lee Jones. They had two daughters, Elizabeth Dianne Gray, born Dallas, Texas, 6 Oct 1962 and Kristy Marie Gray, born Harris, TX, 10 Jui 1981 (sic). This is surely a mistranscription; 29 years between kids seems a bit unlikely.

Either way, at the time they were at Neely, they had a six-month old child, Elizabeth Dianne. But both George and Clydie were supposedly out at work all day. So who was minding the baby ...?
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Tue 23 Nov 2021, 11:30 am
orangebicycle wrote:It's always surprised me that so little follow-up was done on the Oswalds' downstairs neighbours at Neely, the 'Brays', George and Clydie.

They were interviewed by the FBI on 30 Nov 1963 at their post-Neely residence in Corrigan, TX, and had some interesting things to say about the Oswalds' quarreling, particularly when a 'stocky' individual would come to visit - always using the back stairs. This much is buried in the Warren Report, but the Brays / Grays were never called to testify in person. You have to wonder why. There's also confusion over the surname: Bray or Gray?

A June 1964 WC affidavit names them as 'the Grays', likewise a Dec 1963 Secret Service report, and this seems to be correct. I did some digging on FamilySearch, drew a blank with 'Bray' but got a positive hit for Gray. This is on the assumption that a 'George B. / Clydie' combo in Texas is unique. 

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&q.birthLikeDate.from=1915&q.birthLikeDate.to=1945&q.givenName=George&q.recordCountry=United%20States&q.sex=Male&q.spouseGivenName=Clydie&q.surname=Gray&c.sex=on&f.sex=male

According to FS, Clydie's maiden name was Clydie Lee Jones. They had two daughters, Elizabeth Dianne Gray, born Dallas, Texas, 6 Oct 1962 and Kristy Marie Gray, born Harris, TX, 10 Jui 1981 (sic). This is surely a mistranscription; 29 years between kids seems a bit unlikely.

Either way, at the time they were at Neely, they had a six-month old child, Elizabeth Dianne. But both George and Clydie were supposedly out at work all day. So who was minding the baby ...?
@Ed.Ledoux tracked them down a few years back and had some interesting conversations with them.   https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/17593-neely-st-questions/page/5/#comment-238402

There is also this thread that might be of intererst
https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1654-larry-crafard-214-w-neely-st-decoded

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
JFK_FNG

Wed 01 Dec 2021, 11:30 am
One thing I found out about this that is kind of interesting is that Hosty’s 5/28/63 report where he says a “check with the Postmaster reflects subjects have moved and left no forwarding address” can be explained by a routine action by the landlord (M.W. George?) or current tenet going to the Post Office and saying they were still getting mail for the Oswalds. The Post Office would then file an internal change of address order, POD Form 3575-Z, which has an option which literally says “moved and left no forwarding address”. John Newman says in ‘Oswald and the CIA’ that Hosty’s statement is contradictory because the Post Office wouldn’t be able to say that the Oswalds had both moved AND left no forwarding address, but that exact language is right there on POD Form 3575-Z. Anyone could have gone to the Post Office and got the clerk to file that form, all they had to know was “Oswald” and “214 Neely St.”

There’s still the problem of “Dorothea Myers” allegedly telling Hosty that the Oswalds gave the Neely St. address to the Post Office, and that there is zero evidence the Oswalds ever received any mail there, but hey it’s something.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum