REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

hosty  tippit  paine  4  doyle  11  fritz  zapruder  Humor  Lifton  beckley  prayer  3a  David  frazier  Mason  3  tsbd  Theory  Darnell  Lankford  Weigman  2  Floor  9  +Lankford  

Like/Tweet/+1

CTKA's Review of Absolute Proof

+4
Mark A. O'Blazney
AllenLowe
beowulf
James DiEugenio
8 posters
Go down
James DiEugenio

CTKA's Review of Absolute Proof Empty CTKA's Review of Absolute Proof

Tue 15 Apr 2014, 9:07 am
http://www.ctka.net/2014_reviews/groden_book.html

A decidedly mixed bag of goods.

I probably erred on the side of being nice.
beowulf

CTKA's Review of Absolute Proof Empty Re: CTKA's Review of Absolute Proof

Tue 15 Apr 2014, 12:48 pm
Great piece and you were very kind to him. I can't believe how quickly the two Mrs. Reids story unraveled.
James DiEugenio

Tue 15 Apr 2014, 12:58 pm
Thanks, and I think I was.

There was other stuff I could have brought up also that I found questionable.

AllenLowe

Fri 18 Apr 2014, 1:20 am
I like a lot of what Groden has done, but it's been somewhat downhill since he testified for OJ Simpson.
AllenLowe

Fri 18 Apr 2014, 1:22 am
I like a lot of what Groden has done, but it's been somewhat downhill since he testified for OJ Simpson.
James DiEugenio

Fri 18 Apr 2014, 1:29 am
Well, I would not say that was some kind of marker.

Because he did do some good things after that on JFK.

But I just think he made some bad errors in analysis in this particular book.

You really have to watch yourself in this field.  Its full of land mines.

Therefore, one has to have trusted colleagues to bat ideas around with.
Mark A. O'Blazney

Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:52 pm
Why do authors publish 'true crime' books that have fallacies scattered about it when they KNOW they're fallacies ?  It doesn't help re-opening this case, does it?  What will re-open this case?

Groden's got a good heart, you can tell. However, seeing him in that video by the Baker woman for Jack's remembrance was quite telling where this has all gone.  Nobody knows.  Even the 'X' is gone.  Does anyone remember how this 'trying to find out' business really was BEFORE the internet?  Sorry for the ramble.  And don't give up, Jim.  It's only started.  Keep going.  Breath Deep.

And wouldn't it be great if electricity didn't work any more ?  Just sayin'.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:38 pm
Mark, wrt your comment about the internet ... I think this is symptomatic of research in general, not just JFK research.  As with every revolution in communication technology (see Eric Havelock's Preface to Plato), there is a dialectic of advantage and disadvantage at play; the very instantaneous and democratized nature of information afforded by the electronic medium can also be detrimental to scholarship, insofar as the latter requires time to mature, and insofar as the labors of the individual in isolation can sometimes be more fruitful than an uncontrolled discussion where a kaleidoscope of opinions or reactions of varying shallowness and depth impinge on the topic.

Nostalgia is a common mode for interpreting such changes.  There are instances where the writing down of oral narrative in the middle ages can be seen as an attempt to bridge the present with something which has been more or less lost (the writing down of Beowulf in the 10th-11th century has been interpreted this way, for example).

I can understand your sentiments, though.  I am currently about 2/3 of the way through John Kelin's marvelous book on the first-generation critics of the Warren Commission, Praise from a Future Generation; and while we realize today the main errors that were made by these men and women, it is hard not to see an element of true greatness in their contributions.  It is not an uncommon phenomenon, as I said, to view historical movements this way (i.e., as a decline from the origins, with the past dominated by giants), but that does not necessarily make it merely a historiographic trope, either.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Wed 23 Apr 2014, 12:45 am
A similar problem arising from the information explosion is the increased tempo of academic research.  Here is a telling statement by the British Nobel laureate theoretical physicist Peter Higgs, proponent of the by now famous and eponymous subatomic particle recently confirmed at CERN:

"It’s difficult to imagine how I would ever have enough peace and quiet in the present sort of climate to do what I did in 1964. [...] Today I wouldn’t get an academic job. It’s as simple as that -- I don’t think I would be regarded as productive enough."
Mark A. O'Blazney

Wed 23 Apr 2014, 12:56 am
You have spoken well.  Have learned something today.  Thanks.
Vinny

Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:32 am
This is the guy Doyle is relying on to refute PM.

http://www.prayer-man.com/

Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm
Doyle relies on others' material all the time, because he hasn't got any ability to do this by himself.
Case closed Brian! Filthy liar!!

Prayer Man: More Than a Fuzzy Picture @ Barnes & Noble.

Prayer-Man.com
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:33 pm
barto wrote:Doyle relies on others' material all the time, because he hasn't got any ability to do this by himself.
Case closed Brian! Filthy liar!!

He's a worthless parasite. Sometime last year over at Stinky's before he got banned there, he was using/referencing some of my customized Wiegman images to make whatever ridiculous point he was trying to make at the time. I promptly moved the thread that contained the images in house. He whined about it. If the bastard is so smart, he can make his damn images. But he can't do that. The only thing he can do is roll Sanibel Gold. And get himself banned.

Checkmate.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum