REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
    last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
    The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
    Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
    Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
    The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
    Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
    Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
    Keywords

paine  3a  doyle  11  fritz  3  Floor  Darnell  zapruder  David  4  frazier  +Lankford  Mason  Humor  prayer  tsbd  beckley  tippit  Weigman  Lifton  Lankford  9  2  Theory  hosty  

Like/Tweet/+1

Back Yard Photography

+12
    lanceman
    JFK_FNG
    JFK_Case
    alex_wilson
    greg_parker
    StanDane
    barto
    orangebicycle
    Jake_Sykes
    Ed.Ledoux
    Vinny
    Mick_Purdy
    16 posters
    Go down
    Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Empty Back Yard Photography

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 3:52 pm
    First topic message reminder :

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 PbucketBack Yard Photography - Page 7 Mimitw10

The Most Incriminated Man In the World. 

All fun aside the new CTKA article was pointed out by Bart.

http://www.ctka.net/2015/JeffCarterBYP4.html

One point made was, 
    30) If the backyard photos were faked, it means that all items within the photo were deliberately chosen by the forgers. The odd inclusion on the Oswald figure is then the pistol. It invokes the Tippit slaying, but how could the Tippit slaying be anticipated months ahead? Perhaps a shootout with the pistol-carrying assassin was the anticipated event.

Was slaying of Tippit with an automatic pistol changed to match the picture of a revolver. More likely they knew LHO had purchased a pistol in Fort Worth.  

Or were the photos composited onto an empty backyard photo after Tippits murder thus the need for a pistol wearing murderer.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 1backy10

When you examine the photos the shadows under the stairs do not change yet the shadow of LHO does, denoting time between images.
    This would lend credence to Oswald's being composited onto a single image. See images below.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 2-133a10Back Yard Photography - Page 7 3-133b10
    Again the stairs shadow is the same, note its appearance on the blanket etc. yet the "oswald" shadow has changed implying time between photos.

In fact the shadow of the rifle is at a different angle than the holder of rifle in second pose.

Of note is the bag or sack, or "blanket" possibly used to carry the rifle to the location, under the stairs by the post. Possibly a connection to the baby blanket later claimed to hold a disassembled rifle. 

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0Ws8LTadNjjep1yrsO2KI3y1LhcjlSp-XmJCJd-H3M0qu6sMk

In this image is a black 'thing' sticking out of the fence known as the black dog nose. It is likely light leak from the compositing process.

No black sports shirt with two white buttons was not on clothing inventory of LHO.

Do the black pants look like dress pants or more like work pants?
    Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Blackp10

Do you think these are black dress pants?  

Please respond to the questions raised first, then we can expand the post to other areas of the BYPs.

Cheers, Ed

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Byp_211

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Empty Re: Back Yard Photography

Wed 14 Aug 2019, 12:31 pm
    There is one person who had been present at the Magazine Street apartment and was friendly with Marina, familiar to June, and who could be linked with the Imperial Reflex camera. That is Ruth Paine, who arrived in New Orleans with Marina Oswald on Saturday May 11, 1963, and stayed through Tuesday morning May 14. On Sunday, the Oswald and Paine families (Ruth Paine had her own two children along) toured the French Quarter. On Monday, Lee Oswald would have gone to his job at the Reilly Coffee Company, leaving Marina and Ruth Paine together at the Magazine Street apartment.
    Ruth Paine would visit this apartment again for several days in September 1963. For the Warren Commission she could draw a sketch of the interior and exterior layout of 4905 Magazine Street (CE403). She referred to the courtyard area where the photos were taken several times in her testimony:
    Mrs. PAINE - ... Lee showed her, of course, all the virtues of the apartment that he had rented. He was pleased that there was room enough, it was large enough that he could invite me to stay, and the children, to spend the night there. And he pointed out this little courtyard with grass, and fresh strawberries ready to pick, where June could play ... Marina was definitely not as pleased as he had hoped. I think he felt – he wanted to please her. This showed in him.
    Mr. JENNER - Tell us what she said. What led you to that conclusion?
    Mrs. PAINE - She said it is dark, and it is not very clean. She thought the courtyard was nice, a grass spot where June could play, fenced in.
    Mrs. Garner, the landlady, remembered Ruth Paine’s visits from observing her station wagon parked out front. She did not see Paine personally, but told the Warren Commission that her husband did.
    Back Yard Photography - Page 7 19RPainesketchNO
    Ruth Paine sketched the Magazine St layout for the Warren Commission
    Mr. LIEBELER - Did your husband see that person?
    Mrs. GARNER - Yes; my husband.
    Mr. LIEBELER - At this time.
    Mrs. GARNER - Yes; my husband saw her and spoke to her. I never did see her.
    Mr. LIEBELER - You say your husband had talked to her. Did he tell you what she had said?
    Mrs. GARNER - No; I never asked him and he never said nothing. (WC April 6, 1964)
    At the close of her testimony, Mrs Garner is addressed by Liebeler: “I do want to thank you for the patience that you and your husband have shown to me and for the cooperation you have given us in coming down here and testifying. On behalf of the Commission I want to thank you both very much.” If Mr Garner had testified and perhaps been asked the circumstance of his conversation with Ruth Paine it is not in the record. Despite his apparent presence during his wife’s appearance before Liebeler, there is no transcript of any interview with Jesse Garner from April 6, even as it would have been as relevant, if not more so, than what his wife could offer. Instead, a brief affidavit focused specifically and exclusively on his contacts with Lee Oswald is executed on May 3, 1964.
    The New Orleans photo set is not listed among the group of photographs shown Marina Oswald on January 31, 1964. The photo set is listed and identified as among the group of photographs shown to Marina on March 20, a group which included many photographs belonging to the Paines.
    If the Imperial Reflex camera was not Oswald’s - and the evidence assembled by the Warren Commission and the HSCA does little to install confidence in this assertion - its provenance can be located in circles close to Oswald, as seen with the backyard photos and the New Orleans set,15 and can be linked, directly or indirectly, with Ruth Paine.
    https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/a-new-look-at-the-enigma-of-the-backyard-photographs-parts-1-3?tmpl=component&print=1

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Wed 14 Aug 2019, 12:44 pm
    The Warren Commission – through Commission lawyers Rankin and Liebeler – never questioned Marina Oswald with the intent of extracting details on the creation of the backyard photos, content to have her briefly recount her story of being interrupted by her husband while hanging diapers. The interviewers for the HSCA did a better job trying to tease specific information to help clarify the veracity of the story. These interviews occurred some fourteen to fifteen years after the fact so her already vague recollections are all the more challenged.
    A. I do believe it was a weekend and he asked me to take a picture of him and I refused because I don't know how to take pictures. That is the only pictures I ever took in my whole life. So we argued over it and I thought the pose, or whatever he was wearing was just horrible, but he insisted that I just click, just push the button and I believe I did it twice and that was it ...
    Q. And you recall testifying about these same two photographs when you testified to the Warren Commission?
    A. Yes; I remember them asking if I ever took the pictures and I had completely forgotten because it was only once in my life and I didn't know who to take pictures. Yes, when they showed me that, yes, I did take the pictures ...
    Q. What did he tell you to do with the camera as far as taking the pictures?
    A. He just told me which button to push and I did.
    Q. Did you hold it up to your eye and look through the viewer to take the picture?
    A. Yes. ... (HSCA Deposition September 20, 1977)
    The interviewer is well aware the Imperial Reflex camera said to have taken the pictures featured a viewer at the top of the camera that one looks down into, and that the camera is held mid-body rather than raised to the eye. He is also aware that the shutter is opened by pushing down on a small lever, a different mechanical activity than simply pushing a button. Marina Oswald’s recollections cast doubt on her story, as the operation of the Imperial Reflex is so different than most consumer cameras that it should not be easily forgotten.
    Marina Oswald did, once, describe accurately the camera’s mechanics, as accounted in an FBI summary from February 18, 1964, when agents were keenly focused on locating the backyard camera and a week after Marina temporarily stayed with Robert Oswald in the house where the camera would be later be “found”. The summary ascribed to her, compared with her other statements on the topic, is absurdly detailed and contains information never repeated: “She said the American camera had a greyish color, somewhat like aluminum. It was a box-type camera ... She can recall that she sighted the camera by looking down into the viewer at the top of the camera ... ” (CE 1404)
    Q. When you took the first picture you held it up to your eye?
    A. Yes; that is what I recall.
    Q. What did you do next?
    A. I believe he did something with it and told me to push it again.
    Q. The first time you pushed it down to take the picture?
    A. Yes.
    Q. And the first time, what happened before you took the second picture?
    A. He changed his pose.
    Q. What I am getting at is, did you give the camera to him so he would move the film forward or did you do that?
    A. He did that.
    Q. So you took the picture and handed the camera to him?
    A. Yes.
    Q. What did he do?
    A. He said, "Once again," and I did it again.
    Q. So he gave you back the camera?
    A. For the second time; yes.
    Q. Did he put the rifle down?
    A. You see, that is the way I remember it.
    Q. Did he put the rifle down on the ground between ––
    A. I don't remember. (HSCA Deposition September 20, 1977)
    https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/a-new-look-at-the-enigma-of-the-backyard-photographs-parts-1-3?tmpl=component&print=1

One question they could have asked Marina is who was taking care of Junie whilst you were taking these photos?

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Wed 14 Aug 2019, 1:19 pm
    In early February 1963, George de Mohrenschildt introduced Oswald to Volkmar Schmidt, a German oil geologist employed in Dallas by Magnolia Oil. During a small dinner party held at de Mohrenschildt’s home, a political and philosophical conversation ensued between Schmidt and Oswald lasting two hours, during which Oswald exhibited traits similar to the Warren Commission’s lone nut psychological profile. 15 Schmidt claimed Oswald seemed to him a man “desperate, spiritually, totally desperate ... His determination to leave an imprint in history was just incredible.” After redirecting Oswald’s spiritual desperation toward an antipathy to the far-right positions of General Edwin Walker, Schmidt came to believe this conversation triggered Oswald’s alleged obsession with Walker, which may have resulted in a failed assassination attempt two months later. 16
    Back Yard Photography - Page 7 16Oswald-addressbook
    From Oswald’s address book
    Schmidt decided to arrange his own get-together for Oswald, at the house he shared with other Magnolia Oil employees including Ruth and Michael Paine’s friend Everett Glover. Schmidt described the event as one which he hoped could assist getting Oswald “out of his shell”, though he would not personally attend. Invited guests included the de Mohrenschildts and the Paines. 17 The Magnolia Oil party occurred on Friday night, February 22, 1963. Ruth Paine met Marina Oswald at this event, beginning a rapid transition for the Oswalds – from dependence on the generosity of the de Mohrenschildts to dependence on the generosity of the Paines.
    https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/a-new-look-at-the-enigma-of-the-backyard-photographs-part-4

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Wed 14 Aug 2019, 3:57 pm
    Greg Parker wrote:

Mick Purdy wrote:
    I've always leaned toward the BYP's having been taken on a large format camera or at least an expensive model camera and then rephotographed the finished results with the Imperial Reflex. I'm not sure if that works with what we know about the films numbering and or other photo's allegedly taken with it but that's my thoughts.

Jake's idea that Taylor was holding Junie works for me.

But you've preempted my next concern: the Imperial Reflex.

To me, Marina's disavowing any memory of the IR plus having no idea  it was not held up to the eye, were credible. If they owned that camera and she admitted taking the photos (or one photo, as she initially said), why not admit owning the camera?

The IR was cheap and nasty... not the sort of camera someone like Taylor would own. And given his work and love of photography, it makes sense he would have his own camera in his car most of the time.

From September 1963, he worked for the Sellers Co which made radio and TV ads. Prior to that, he said he had been self-employed in the motion picture business in Dallas... though he later clarified that this too, was primarily making ads for TV.  

I am assuming that these places had facilities for still photography as well, for inclusion in ads and that they had a good deal of expertise in photo manipulation for the making of the ads. Moreover, if Taylor was self-employed in this industry during the time he knew the Oswald's, he would have flexible working hours. 

Let's look at the problems identified in Jeff C's piece.

My response in blue.
    ------------------------------
    A counterfeiter creating such forgeries would require: 

access to the Neely Street backyard; 

Taylor Definitely had access. Imagine an affair with Marina as a recently divorced man. It's very possible Ruth Paine had access to the Imperial Reflex camera

If Taylor was self-employed, he could have visited any time he wanted.

Correct.

assistance from at least one other person; 

Ralph K Johnson.

Take your pick of any number of candidates.

access to a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle and a pistol; 

As indicated in other threads, there is reasonable suspicion that Ruth ordered and collected those items.

Agreed.

access to the specific issues of The Worker and The Militant;

Not difficult if they were posted to Oswald at the PO box or to Ruth's home.

Agreed.

access to the Imperial-Reflex camera; for superimposition

I lean toward another camera taking the BYP's and then those being rephotographed with the Imperial Reflex camera.

The critical issue is "who owned it"? Taylor I believe had access to the type of technology required to make very good fakes.

Agreed! For me either Robert Oswald or Ruth Paine. If the HSCA Panel got it right then one of the Walker Pics (Only one according to them) was produced with the Imperial reflex camera which allegedly snapped the BYP's. That has to narrow the pool down to those closely associated to Oswald I'd imagine. If they also got it right about the New Orleans set of photos being taken with the IR camera then someone went to some trouble to establish that the Imperial reflex camera was in the Oswald's possession. 

and access to a photo featuring Oswald’s face (or two or three similar photos of Oswald ) 

That's an interesting point. A photo which was not available to the general public. Not available most likely to any others other than the counterfeiter's. Who would have such a photo? It would have to be from a photo I would imagine taken by someone who knew him. The photo of Oswald's face which appears in the Backyard Photo could never surface showing that headshot in another location. Not ever!

Might some photos have  been taken that never surfaced?

Dallas Police recreations staged at the location on November 29,1963 show mature flowered plants behind the subject and therefore date the backyard photos themselves, or at least a photo of the backyard used for a later composite, as generated some months ahead of the assassination. 

That appears to be plausible.

The counterfeiter would likely possess knowledge of a plot involving Oswald. 

Yes. I believe that once Oswald had been selected as the fall guy his face was inserted on the BYP figure. Noting that the scenario was preplanned in that the Patsy would be alleged to have assassinated the President with an MC rifle, and the Patsy would be alleged to have a gun on his person when captured by police. The news papers in the BYP's would help to reinforce the notion that the perpetrator had Communist leanings. 

Or was having a joke at his expense. In March, the only plausible plot involving Lee was the Walker incident, but there is no reason to believe it was anything but a publicity stunt. Framing him for JFK becomes plausible if the fakes were made from Sept on.

Alternatively, it cannot be ruled out that photos were taken in the Neely St backyard featuring an unknown male subject for a reason unrelated to the future assassination, possibly with Oswald’s assistance, and then later appropriated for another purpose by superimposing Oswald’s face.

Also plausible.

greg_parker
    greg_parker
    Admin
    http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 8:23 am
    Courtesy of Linda G

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 68320741_10218602051459169_6843484598911893504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_eui2=AeHoEiyDLVSI0pIfRnJm9u-U3eB5EwtPdGKWqK1QrocVVhXRwtgcttkZdqWiZw9_B9XYegdH5nU8Eq8GtBbXtGzqlTwodRoF-mmk-_iDxbHnOQ&_nc_oc=AQnYb7ca8M8-CdXMZE3grzZAil7Vbfrplwmd7ycCtG-WHrM900L4ppE5LpJS7m5y39g&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd6-1

He is still living in Dallas.
    Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 9:54 am
    greg parker wrote:Courtesy of Linda G

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 68320741_10218602051459169_6843484598911893504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_eui2=AeHoEiyDLVSI0pIfRnJm9u-U3eB5EwtPdGKWqK1QrocVVhXRwtgcttkZdqWiZw9_B9XYegdH5nU8Eq8GtBbXtGzqlTwodRoF-mmk-_iDxbHnOQ&_nc_oc=AQnYb7ca8M8-CdXMZE3grzZAil7Vbfrplwmd7ycCtG-WHrM900L4ppE5LpJS7m5y39g&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd6-1

He is still living in Dallas.
    Thanks Greg.
    Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:57 am
    It's possible that somebody within the police force supplied person/s unknown with a reasonable quality head shot of Oswald to use in the BYP's.

Example:

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Whce_110Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Crop_210
    On the left is the crop of the backyard Oswald figure, and on the right is the crop of the police mugshot from New Orleans.

The look of the face in the Backyard photo's is consistent with a police mug shot or a passport photo or some form of identification photo. Looking straight at the camera with no smile.

greg_parker
    greg_parker
    Admin

Fri 16 Aug 2019, 11:32 am
    Ralph was 40 when he died in '67 after a short, unnamed illness.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 202174669_6c0c5734-02d6-4afc-9f5a-388b47abce69

Courtesy Linda Z. Hopefully she can come up with a physical description or photo...

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
                  Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
    Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
    greg_parker
    greg_parker
    Admin

Sat 17 Aug 2019, 12:05 pm
    An update from the FB discussion on this. Jessica and Linda have really thrown themselves into the challenge, and Phil Hopley has also chimed in to help. This is the type of collaboration that makes a difference. I mean, the very worst that is going to happen from this is that some families are getting there family histories updated and having loved ones memorialized on Find-A-Grave via Linda.

Okay...so we don't have Ralph's data yet, but his father was only 5'5" and had polio.

Polio is not a genetic disease but is highly contagious and can stay dormant for 15 to 30 years.

What if young Ralph contracted it from his father with no ill-effects until into his 30s? One of the things that can happen is the withering of one leg. My father-in-law had polio as a kid and has a withered leg as a result - but he is now well into his 80s. Young Ralph was a Christian Scientist, They do not believe in medical treatment. They try and make do with prayer. All his obit says is that he died after a short illness at age 40. What if it was from complications from polio that he refused treatment for?

The thing is my father-in-law's withered leg is shorter and much skinnier than his other and he has to buy two pairs of shoes of different size and have one built up. Even with that, he stands much like we see in the Back Yard Photos. I don't have any photos of him and don't want t take one, but following is a comparison between a BYP and a bunch of kids with polio, some of who have withered legs. I think it demonstrates what I mean.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 69216661_2729908793694282_5583707971587670016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmRO9wSfnxaMY9FriuNlWw4Ron4ReePHO6EcW1aSA5_6YgTZbRp7BOOcntCGftm8Do&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd6-1

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
    Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Sun 18 Aug 2019, 9:46 am
    Food for thought Greg. The list of people who could have posed for the pic is not endless, well at least to my mind. The timing was everything I'm guessing. People whom have been noted to have visited Neely at least in the recorded docs we have available are the De Ms' a few members of the white Russian community, Ruth and Michael Paine, Gary Taylor possibly along with Ralph (speculation) and a "chunky male" The chunky male could have been either Ralph or Gary or person/s unknown. The Chunky male was reported by downstairs tenants IIRC. The backyard was enclosed and out of sight as near as I can tell to the General Public. Depending on the date that the BYP's were actually taken the downstairs apartment could have been either occupied or vacant. Need to check that. If there were downstairs tenants living there when the BYP's were taken then they would have to have been persons of interest to my mind. I believe they were interviewed by the WC?. (HSCA)?

StanDane
    StanDane
    https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 3:57 am
    greg parker wrote:An update from the FB discussion on this. Jessica and Linda have really thrown themselves into the challenge, and Phil Hopley has also chimed in to help. This is the type of collaboration that makes a difference. I mean, the very worst that is going to happen from this is that some families are getting there family histories updated and having loved ones memorialized on Find-A-Grave via Linda.

Okay...so we don't have Ralph's data yet, but his father was only 5'5" and had polio.

Polio is not a genetic disease but is highly contagious and can stay dormant for 15 to 30 years.

What if young Ralph contracted it from his father with no ill-effects until into his 30s? One of the things that can happen is the withering of one leg. My father-in-law had polio as a kid and has a withered leg as a result - but he is now well into his 80s. Young Ralph was a Christian Scientist, They do not believe in medical treatment. They try and make do with prayer. All his obit says is that he died after a short illness at age 40. What if it was from complications from polio that he refused treatment for?

The thing is my father-in-law's withered leg is shorter and much skinnier than his other and he has to buy two pairs of shoes of different size and have one built up. Even with that, he stands much like we see in the Back Yard Photos. I don't have any photos of him and don't want t take one, but following is a comparison between a BYP and a bunch of kids with polio, some of who have withered legs. I think it demonstrates what I mean.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 69216661_2729908793694282_5583707971587670016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmRO9wSfnxaMY9FriuNlWw4Ron4ReePHO6EcW1aSA5_6YgTZbRp7BOOcntCGftm8Do&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd6-1

Your polio hypothesis is not without merit.

When I was in Junior High School (1966-67) this boy named Larry moved into our rural town and began attending our school. He was a tad on the smallish side and he looked a lot like Davy Jones of the Monkees. He walked with a slight limp and I soon learned he had polio when he was young and it withered one of his legs. His affected leg was quite skinny looking.

Anyway, being born in the early 1950s, and with the advent of polio vaccines beginning in the mid to late 50s, instances of polio victims were becoming few and far between. Larry was the only polio victim I remember growing up.

Ralph was born in 1927. So it's not a sketch to consider the possibility that he may have had polio.
    greg_parker
    greg_parker
    Admin

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 9:00 am
    Thanks Stan.

What we have is years of people saying the stance was impossible... but the more I look at photos of people with a withered leg, the more I think "Lee's" stance is very similar. 

In fact, looking at the tall kid on our right... it seems apparent that one leg is skinnier than the other... then I look at the Back Yard Photo, and though not as obvious, I do see something similar with Lee's legs... but admit that may be something akin to wishful thinking on my part.

Me

Don Jeffries

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 10:03 am
    greg parker wrote:An update from the FB discussion on this. Jessica and Linda have really thrown themselves into the challenge, and Phil Hopley has also chimed in to help. This is the type of collaboration that makes a difference. I mean, the very worst that is going to happen from this is that some families are getting there family histories updated and having loved ones memorialized on Find-A-Grave via Linda.

Interesting thoughts Greg, and like Stan said not without merit.
    Could that "impossible" stance be attributed to a person who has suffered the effects of Polio?

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 French10Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Images10[url=https://servimg.com/view/19609168/232]Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Images11Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Images12[/url]

Ed.Ledoux
    Ed.Ledoux

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 11:44 am
    Stance control device.
    It is the leg brace for odd polio stances
    Does not fully control but conforms to the defect and allows better useage of limb.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 38823t10
    Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Polio-10

My Father had effects from polio in one leg.
    Was slightly shorter, no other deformation.
    He was affected in 1930's as a child.
    Grandma put him in the hot attic under all the blankets available. We all believe the heat slowed or stopped further damage. Studies show heat does affect ineffectivity, but they limited it to high heat for limited time (30 min)

It is possible the figure in the BYPs had a stance control device for a withered leg.

Great stuff! Thanks to Greg, Linda and Jessica!!!
    Cheers, Ed
    Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 11:54 am
    Back Yard Photography - Page 7 133c_210

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 BYPOverlay
    Credit Stan Dane

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Byp_1311

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Byp_1312

Ed.Ledoux
    Ed.Ledoux

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 1:57 pm
    Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Scree161

Supposedly,
    Edward Rocca, photographer for Cabaret Magazine was in Carousel club and Litchfield thought he was Lee.
    Let that sink in.
    Cheers, Ed
    StanDane
    StanDane
    https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 2:32 pm
    Concerning his whereabouts during the assassination, Oswald said he was down in front with Shelley watching the parade.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 FB-Fritz-Bookout-Notes 

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Malcolm-Archive-Feb-2018444-Hosty 

And as a bonus, there are photos that support this notion as well.

Do we believe him?

Concerning the BYPs, Oswald said:

That picture is not mine, but the face is mine. The picture has been made by superimposing my face. The other part of the picture is not me at all, and I have never seen this picture before.

I understand photography real well, and that, in time, I will be able to show you that is not my picture and that it has been made by someone else.

Do we believe him? 

I do. That means the BYPs are goddamn fakes. Just as they appear to be.
    Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 2:49 pm
    Stan Dane wrote:Concerning his whereabouts during the assassination, Oswald said he was down in front with Shelley watching the parade.

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 FB-Fritz-Bookout-Notes 

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Malcolm-Archive-Feb-2018444-Hosty 

And as a bonus, there are photos that support this notion as well.

Do we believe him?

Concerning the BYPs, Oswald said:

That picture is not mine, but the face is mine. The picture has been made by superimposing my face. The other part of the picture is not me at all, and I have never seen this picture before.

I understand photography real well, and that, in time, I will be able to show you that is not my picture and that it has been made by someone else.

Do we believe him? 

I do. That means the BYPs are goddamn fakes. Just as they appear to be.
    I believe him Stan. Lee did not just say the photos were not of him, he was quite specific.

"The picture has been made by superimposing my face. The other part of the picture is not me at all, and I have never seen this picture before."

There is enough evidence to suggest he was exactly where he said he was just prior to and at the exact time of the assassination to absolutely believe what he'd tried to tell the cops.

Those genuinely interested in the truth will know that those claims can be supported by the evidence available in the record. It's there for everyone to see.

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 2:51 pm
    Ed. Ledoux wrote:Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Scree161

Supposedly,  
    Edward Rocca, photographer for Cabaret Magazine was in Carousel club and Litchfield thought he was Lee.
    Let that sink in.
    Cheers, Ed
    Whoa! Lets get a pic of this guy Rocca. Love your work Ed!

Ed.Ledoux
    Ed.Ledoux

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 2:52 pm
    Thanks to Bart for the doc!
    Cheers, Ed
    Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 2:53 pm
    Ed. Ledoux wrote:Thanks to Bart for the doc!
    Cheers, Ed
    Yep, great Doc....pic next  Very Happy

Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 3:17 pm
    Ed. Ledoux wrote:Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Scree161

Supposedly,  
    Let that sink in.
    Cheers, Ed

Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Rocco10

Ed.Ledoux
    Ed.Ledoux

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 6:22 pm
    deleted

Last edited by Ed. Ledoux on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ed.Ledoux
    Ed.Ledoux

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 7:24 pm

Besides killer liner notes and well-informed profiles, she’s also written or edited a number of kitschy books on pop culture including The Great Lost Photographs of Eddie Rocco and Sin-a-Rama: Sleaze Sex Paperbacks of the Sixties. There’s not much in the business of rock & roll or its ragged edges that Miriam Linna hasn’t done, and she does it all with such utter abandon and love for music that I’m awarding the first Girlie Action Medal of Honor.
    https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/music/2007-05-07/472770/

magazine of 60 pp., including covers, illustrated from b/w photos (plus 4 pp color, including centerfold), with duotone cover. Articles and photo-features on burlesque, women, nightlife, plus semi-nude pictorials, etc. Includes: I Taught Jayne Mansfield About Sex, by Eddie Rocco (with many pics of cover girl Jayne and her cleavage). Who the Hell Is Elvis Presley? by Leonard Bennett. Cartoon by McCartney [Bill Ward]. The Man Who Makes Burlesque Queens, by Ralph J. Gleason (on Ed DeVere). Color centerfold: Dixie Evans. America's Most Famous Saloonkeeper (Toots Shor). Saddle-stapled magazine. Some creasing to covers; slight grazing along top edge. Else very good. Bookseller Inventory # 82607
    https://www.abebooks.com/CABARET-Adult-Entertainment-Magazine-Vol-August/21946260184/bd

Linna and Miller published (as "Kicks Magazine Photo Album No. 1") The Great Lost Photographs of Eddie Rocco. Rocco contributed to Ebony Song Parade and freelanced for Fort Worth's Sepia magazine, and the book collects many of his previously unpublished 1950s and 1960s images, including shots of Ruth Brown, Esquerita, Roy Orbison and the Treniers.[2]

Read more: Miriam Linna | Revolvy https://www.revolvy.com/page/Miriam-Linna?smv=506383#ixzz5x262KEky 

Cover: Mike Nesmith, Davy Jones, Micky Dolenz by Michael Fresco Peter Tork by Eddie Rocco.
    Back Yard Photography - Page 7 Scree162

[Eddie Rocco photograph archive.]
    Eddie Rocco photograph archive.]

Creator/Contributor:Rocco, Eddie, creator, photographer.

Abstract:

Collection comprises the professional archive of freelance photographer Eddie Rocco. Based largely in the Los Angeles area (but working at times in Las Vegas, Texas, Mexico, Louisiana, and Florida, and on one 1959 trip to Cuba), Rocco chiefly photographed the entertainment industry. Pictured are nightclubs and jazz musicians of the 1950s-1960s, including many African American musicians, burlesque entertainers and "pin-up girls", recording artists (especially psychedelic rock and pop bands of the 1960s-1970s), and television and film celebrities of the 1950s-early 1970s.

Date:1948 (issued)

Subject:n-us-ca

Note:

Title devised by cataloger.

Photographed by Eddie Rocco.

UNARRANGED COLLECTION. UNAVAILABLE FOR USE. Inquiries regarding these materials should be submitted to The Bancroft Library via the Notice of Interest in Unprocessed Collections form.

https://oac.cdlib.org/search?style=oac4;titlesAZ=e;descriptions=show;idT=UCb231486972
    Ed.Ledoux
    Ed.Ledoux

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 7:40 pm
    https://www.insidehook.com/article/music/eddie-rocco-photographing-beginning-rock-n-roll
    Sponsored content