REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Floor  paine  9  3a  doyle  +Lankford  beckley  Weigman  tsbd  hosty  prayer  4  Humor  fritz  frazier  2  11  David  Mason  Theory  Darnell  Lifton  3  tippit  zapruder  Lankford  

Like/Tweet/+1

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

+27
greg_parker
Eastern Spotted Skunk
steely_dan
Vinny
cavalier973
Mick_Purdy
Colin_Crow
TerryWMartin
StanDane
Jake_Sykes
Goban_Saor
Hasan Yusuf
Ray Mitcham
Faroe Islander
Mark A. O'Blazney
Marlene Zenker
AllenLowe
John Mooney
Frankie Vegas
Albert Rossi
Admin_2
Redfern
dwdunn(akaDan)
James DiEugenio
Robert Charles-Dunne
beowulf
ianlloyd
31 posters
Go down
ianlloyd

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 8 Empty "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Wed 21 Aug 2013, 5:02 pm
First topic message reminder :

As I am not a member of the EF, I cannot post there but there is an interesting discussion going on there at the moment regarding a figure in the TSBD doorway generally referred to as "Prayer Man" due to the apparent position of his hands, seemingly clasped in front of his chest as if in prayer.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20354

I recall this person being discussed somewhere many years ago and was referred to as "Prayer Man" pretty much from the outset but I cannot recall where it originated, maybe on Lancer?

Anyway, the reason for this post is that, upon looking closely at the various photographs and movie clips presented as part of the discussion, it struck me that his hands don't seem to move from the "prayer" position for what seems to be quite some time. Was he holding something, I wonder? If so, it seems an odd way to hold whatever it was.

Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 8 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:09 am
I see your point, Greg. Norman was a real strange one. Anyway, I just wanted to point that out.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 8 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:42 am
Hasan Yusuf wrote:I see your point, Greg. Norman was a real strange one. Anyway, I just wanted to point that out.
Hasan,

Because it pointed to Oswald's innocence, he may have been coerced into suppressing back in 63/64. 

I suggested to Lee that Jarman may have been mistaken placing the event at mid morning.

In fact, to the HSCA, he placed it as happening between 11 and 12, so at worst, his timing estimates about this were vague. 

I am certain however, that some early birds would have started taking up positions outside during the hour before mid-day.

See page 1
http://www.reopenkennedycase.net/richard-gilbride-hsca-collection.html

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:17 pm
This is my first post so apologies if it means retreading old ground. Post 587 contains a sentence which states that Oswald refused to be polygraphed and had refused before.
If the official story is true, that both the KGB and CIA/FBI had no interest in his defection and return then at what point in his life would he face a polygraph test. Would such a test be a requirement for radar operators, to gain a security clearance. Would it be SOP for any intelligence agency to polygraph a defector (ie Nosenko). Would Bookhout embellish Oswalds initial refusal, to make him appear more suspect.

For my part i find it difficult to believe that neither the KGB or CIA/FBI  would neglect a polygraph test under the circumstances surrounding his defection to Russia and his return with a Russian spouse.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 7:26 pm
greg parker wrote:Hasan,

Because it pointed to Oswald's innocence, he may have been coerced into suppressing back in 63/64.
That's another good point, Greg. I don't see any reason why Jarman would make up that Oswald asked him about the gathering crowd.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 7:40 pm
Alan Dixon wrote:This is my first post so apologies if it means retreading old ground. Post 587 contains a sentence which states that Oswald refused to be polygraphed and had refused before.
If the official story is true, that both the KGB and CIA/FBI had no interest in his defection and return then at what point in his life would he face a polygraph test. Would such a test be a requirement for radar operators, to gain a security clearance. Would it be SOP for any intelligence agency to polygraph a defector (ie Nosenko). Would Bookhout embellish Oswalds initial refusal, to make him appear more suspect.

For my part i find it difficult to believe that neither the KGB or CIA/FBI  would neglect a polygraph test under the circumstances surrounding his defection to Russia and his return with a Russian spouse.
Welcome to the forum, Alan.
ianlloyd

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:59 pm
Alan Dixon wrote:This is my first post so apologies if it means retreading old ground. Post 587 contains a sentence which states that Oswald refused to be polygraphed and had refused before.

Hi Alan, welcome...

That is an excellent question - maybe should be a new thread on this?
ianlloyd

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:01 pm
Lee Farley wrote:,
ianlloyd wrote:
Lee Farley wrote:FWIW

The Imperial Duo 620 camera did come with the flash unit as standard in the box.

http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x/html/page_standard.php?id_appareil=795

Strange then that the flash unit was never found in LHO's possessions.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57781&relPageId=73 

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=713595 
Lee,

Would a flash only last a fraction of a second, not a few seconds as it appears PM's "light" does?

Was there a "night light" type attachment available
for the Imperial Reflex? (Then again, why would anyone have bothered taking one if they intended filming the motorcade in the middle of the day?).
I don't think the flash in Weigman is from the burst of light from a bulb, Ian.  I think it could be light reflecting back from the aluminium bowl that that bulb went into.  The round light spot in the Prayer Man film is quite dull.  Judging from the size of the spot in the film I think the flash unit is a good contender all round. 

Why would he take the flash unit?  Good question.  We know it was raining in the morning.  Quite overcast.  Light may not have been great especially around the TSBD which can be really shady with the trees dotted about.  Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Don't you find it peculiar that the flash unit that was allegedly found is not in the exhibits?

Remind anyone of the Minox camera charade?

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/html/WH_Vol24_0269a.htm
Hi Lee,

I missed this one!!!

One question - (as per Robin Unger) - where does the light come from within the shadows to reflect off the reflector?

Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:06 pm
ianlloyd wrote:
Lee Farley wrote:,
ianlloyd wrote:
Lee Farley wrote:FWIW

The Imperial Duo 620 camera did come with the flash unit as standard in the box.

http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x/html/page_standard.php?id_appareil=795

Strange then that the flash unit was never found in LHO's possessions.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57781&relPageId=73 

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=713595 
Lee,

Would a flash only last a fraction of a second, not a few seconds as it appears PM's "light" does?

Was there a "night light" type attachment available
for the Imperial Reflex? (Then again, why would anyone have bothered taking one if they intended filming the motorcade in the middle of the day?).
I don't think the flash in Weigman is from the burst of light from a bulb, Ian.  I think it could be light reflecting back from the aluminium bowl that that bulb went into.  The round light spot in the Prayer Man film is quite dull.  Judging from the size of the spot in the film I think the flash unit is a good contender all round. 

Why would he take the flash unit?  Good question.  We know it was raining in the morning.  Quite overcast.  Light may not have been great especially around the TSBD which can be really shady with the trees dotted about.  Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Don't you find it peculiar that the flash unit that was allegedly found is not in the exhibits?

Remind anyone of the Minox camera charade?

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/html/WH_Vol24_0269a.htm
Hi Lee,

I missed this one!!!

One question - (as per Robin Unger) - where does the light come from within the shadows to reflect off the reflector?
Your guess is as good as mine, Ian.

The same place its coming from if it's bouncing off an apple or sheet of waxed paper surrounding a sandwich.  Looking through the still frames of the Weigman film and there wasn't very much light getting to that corner of the TSBD entrance so it could be light reflecting back off the windows of the cars passing in last throws of the motorcade turning onto Elm from Houston Street.

If the circle of light is a legitimate 3d object being held by Prayer Man on the stairs and not some artifact or film anomaly then the light had to be coming from somewhere to light it up.  I'm no photo expert and do not know how much light would be needed to show this object up in the manner in which it appears but no matter what the object is I'm sure it requires some light but the additional from me is this; if there is enough light to light up the object then why doesn't it light up the face of Prayer Man? 

If the object is an apple how much light is needed to give that apple definition in the film versus not lighting up the figure of Prayer Man?  Would a shinier object, such as a flash unit bowl need less light bouncing off it to appear in the film and leave Prayer Man poorly lit?  These questions are beyond my remit but if anyone else can answer them I'd be chuffed to hear some possible answers.

At the end of the day some light source is required whether the object is an apple, a sandwich or a camera flash unit because the corner of the TSBD had very little natural light showing up in any photo or film.
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 8 Empty "Where does the light come from within the shadows to reflect off the reflector?"

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:49 am
The light doesn't have to be directly on the object for it to appear much lighter than the background. For example, the front entryway of my home faces south. The front door is recessed back about 10-12 feet and is deep in the shadows. There's a small window on the front door that's primarily translucent glass. When viewing the entryway from the street, that window always stands out from the shadowy surroundings. It simply reflects indirect, diffused light from the street.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 8 Window10

I think this is what's happening in the Prayer Man pictures. Indirect light makes its way into the tunnel-like entryway, and objects such as half-eaten apples, white bread, glass bottles or camera lens reflect it back more easily, making those objects stand out and appear lighter.

PS: Thanks for the welcomes, Lee and Greg.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 6:30 am
Hello, all -- from another newbie. 

First of all, I must say that this is unequivocally the best JFK Forum I have yet come into contact with, given the sophistication, care, and civility of the ongoing discussion.  Thank you all for that.  I personally will probably not be intervening much as I am here primarily to learn, have nowhere near the command of the testimony that you all do, and wish to avoid injecting jejune, erroneous or banal observations.  As another new member just said, I am not a researcher, though I have had an ongoing, intense interest in this case for the better part of 46 years now.

I would, however, like to ask one question, to Lee.  Earlier on this extremely provocative thread (I know I should read Sean's original posts but I haven't yet), you voiced your opinion to the effect that:

"The longer I have studied this case and the more convinced I have become that Oswald knew nothing whatsoever about the pending assassination of JFK.  I base this upon my suspicions that he was performing low-level informer activities for Jim Hosty and I cannot now comprehend that anybody involved in the assassination mechanics would bring Lee Oswald in to the plot when he was the designated Patsy.  I think his work involved something associated with observing Joe Molina (and as was the case in many situations Joe Molina observing Oswald) and due to Oswald's background I see the information he was possibly gathering being connected to the activities of the CPUSA, GIForum and the ACLU."

To me it makes perfect sense that LHO was meant to keep a lower profile in Dallas than during the previous two months, given the fact that the alarms on him were apparently switched off at FBI just prior to the arrival of the cable from Mexico City. 

What I was wondering:  Do you have any opinion about the story given by an informant of Buddy Walthers' concerning LHO's presence at the Alpha 66 safe house allegedly at 3128 Harlendale during the weeks leading up to the assassination? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the source here is Eric Tagg's Brush with History).

Thanks!

Al

Last edited by Albert Rossi on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove reference to other Forum)
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:33 am
Hi Albert. Welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us!
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:24 am
Thanks Hasan, glad to be here.

BTW I enjoyed your article on CE 163/162 at CTKA.  A fine piece of work.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:31 am
Thanks very much, Albert. I couldn't have done it without Greg, Lee, and Richard. I look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:37 am
Albert,

I've cross posted your question onto the House of Cards thread.

I'll do my best to provide some sort of answer tomorrow.  I am quite familiar with the Harlendale story and it certainly feeds into the theory that Oswald did not live at 1026 North Beckley.  It is one of a handful of locations that LHO could have been staying at.

Thanks

Lee

P.S. Great to have you here.  I did read some of your posts elsewhere and maybe one day I'll be intelligent enough to understand many of them.  Embarassed 

You are certainly a scholar and a fantastic addition to Greg's forum.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:53 am
Lee,  thanks.  I've been reading your House of Cards thread and anxiously await its next installment.
beowulf

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:23 pm
"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 8 Empty
The FBI or local cops can't force anyone to take a polygraph and in any event the results aren't reliable enough to be admissible in court (that's why Hoover told Johnson, he wouldn't be party to putting a man in the chair based only a polygraph).  The sales pitch cops use on defendants is, we have enough to arrest you and  book you into jail tonight.  But you say you're innocent and since we're fair guys, we'll cut you a break. Take a polygraph, if you pass, you can walk out of here. Seeing as Oswald had a bullseye oh his back for an Espionage Act charge, if the FBI offered him a polygraph to prove he hadn't shared any secrets with Russia and he refused AND then he still wasn't charged?  That's kind of fishy.

The CIA (and of course the KGB) played by a different rulebook.  If they were going to question Oswald, they'd first dose him with Forget Me Nows.
http://arresteddevelopment.wikia.com/wiki/Forget-Me-Now_%28pill%29

Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:22 pm
Thanks for your reply beowulf. Supreme indifference is the official story,apart from a loan. Perhaps thats why there is a faint whiff of Mackeral.
ianlloyd

Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:08 am
Lee Farley wrote:
Stan Dane wrote:In "Oswald Leaving TSBD?" EF post 562, Sean Murphy attaches a New York Herald Tribune newspaper article datt theed November 27, 1963. This quote caught my eye:

"He was seen carrying a large object wrapped in newspapers, presumably the murder weapon, into the warehouse the morning of the assassination."

This may mean nothing, but with all of the contradictory reports and affidavits in the early days that were "refined" to converge on the official story, was this yet another example?

PS: Newbie here. I'm not a researcher, just somebody interested who appreciates the great work you guys do. I wanted to pass this observation along to Sean and the EF, but they are not taking new members.
Hi Stan,

Welcome on board.  

I'll pass your observations onto Sean but rest assured he does read this forum too.

I remember my first ever post to the EF and was incredibly nervous as to how I would be received.  Within a week I was accused of being a plant by one of the craziest people I've ever had the misfortune to converse with, got dozens of creepy PM's from the same nut job, brought down the wrath of Jack White, and had to decipher some of the most bizzarre messages I've ever read from David Healy which I guessed at the time were slagging me off.  It was a baptism of fire and things haven't changed since then either. You're one-eyed 

Good to have you here

Lee
Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread/forum but I notice on the EF that they are discussing the elevators - I'm sure Sean will be aware but the WC was on to the elevator issue big time. I can't recall now who it was, but one of the commissioners started to put together a sort of "matrix" of the elevator movements.

Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:23 am
O
ianlloyd wrote:
Lee Farley wrote:
Stan Dane wrote:In "Oswald Leaving TSBD?" EF post 562, Sean Murphy attaches a New York Herald Tribune newspaper article datt theed November 27, 1963. This quote caught my eye:

"He was seen carrying a large object wrapped in newspapers, presumably the murder weapon, into the warehouse the morning of the assassination."

This may mean nothing, but with all of the contradictory reports and affidavits in the early days that were "refined" to converge on the official story, was this yet another example?

PS: Newbie here. I'm not a researcher, just somebody interested who appreciates the great work you guys do. I wanted to pass this observation along to Sean and the EF, but they are not taking new members.
Hi Stan,

Welcome on board.  

I'll pass your observations onto Sean but rest assured he does read this forum too.

I remember my first ever post to the EF and was incredibly nervous as to how I would be received.  Within a week I was accused of being a plant by one of the craziest people I've ever had the misfortune to converse with, got dozens of creepy PM's from the same nut job, brought down the wrath of Jack White, and had to decipher some of the most bizzarre messages I've ever read from David Healy which I guessed at the time were slagging me off.  It was a baptism of fire and things haven't changed since then either. You're one-eyed 

Good to have you here

Lee
Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread/forum but I notice on the EF that they are discussing the elevators - I'm sure Sean will be aware but the WC was on to the elevator issue big time. I can't recall now who it was, but one of the commissioners started to put together a sort of "matrix" of the elevator movements.
I'd be real interested in seeing that if anybody has a link.

A good essay to read would be Duke Lane's 'Three Blind Mice' if members here are interested.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:42 am
Sean Murphy (post 607) of Ed Forum thread \"Oswald Leaving TSBD" wrote:The theory I've been outlining on this thread does not require Roy Truly to be 'in' on the conspiracy to assassinate President Kennedy.
I'm sure Sean has chosen his words carefully here. This scenario "does not require" Truly being involved, is not the same as Truly "wasn't involved".  

Sean is correct. His scenario doesn't require any involvement from Truly. 

But I am not yet convinced he has it entirely correct.

I think he has made the case that "prayer man" is almost certainly Oswald.

I think he's made the case (well, it has actually been made for a while, but Sean has certainly strengthened it) that the "fix" was a work in progress that can be tracked through various publications and documents.

I think he has made the case that Fritz's notes were copied from the notes of FBI agent Bookhout. And I say that after being in lengthy discussion with Sean some time ago where I maintained they had to be his own notes taken during the interrogations.  

The finer details however are still pretty much up for grabs, imo.  

That he is not saying Truly was definitely not involved shows Sean's pragmatism. 

I can assure everyone of one thing. If Truly was not involved, then the level of coincidences (already at ridiculous levels in this case) just broke through the earth's gravitational pull.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

beowulf

Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:47 pm
So Truly cold be involved in...
(a)The conspiracy to murder
(b)The conspiracy to cover up
(c) both
(d) neither
For each conspiracy he's involved in, was his participation voluntary or coerced?

Truly is definitely on board-- via coercion, presumably-- to the coverup. Not sure about the murder (frankly I'm not sure LHO wasn't either, as a lookout). If Truly is on both, its funny how the group motivations involved are at cross purposes. The murder crew doesn't care if people think LHO's a lone gunman-- no such thing as a one man communist conspiracy. On the other hand, that's exactly what the coverup crew wants people to think.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:15 pm
I doubt coercion was needed to be the "inside man". But it's possible he was only told what he needed to know and once he realised what he'd helped with, he was forced to go along with the cover-up. I really don't know any more about his exact level of of involvement than anyone else.

These are a given:
1. He helped Oswald get the job and lied about needing men.
2. He misled Baker.
3. He sent the cops after Oswald.
4. He lied to government officials and to a President's Commission.
5. The FBI was very familiar with the book depository. 

---------------------
The group motivations are indeed at cross-purposes.

Cuban involvement was, imo, obtained through the false promise of a Cuban invasion.  

That was not what the plotters wanted.

Me

Don Jeffries

James DiEugenio

Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:57 am
Does everyone agree with Sean, that the hit team in the TSBD escaped using the east elevator while Baker and Truly were going up on the west elevator.

Here's question for RIchard since he probably knows the TSBD building well:

There were 3 elevators right?  Except one of them did not go all the way up.

How many stairways were there?  Even ones that did not go all the way up and down?

Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:32 am
Robin Unger Frame

https://2img.net/h/i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m635/quaneeri/20130908-003704.jpg

Looks like Buell Wesley Frazier on the top step in the middle.

Robin has gone all "Pat Speer" and thinks Prayer Man is a female.  At least Robin's frame has a bit more clarity.

I agree with Sean's conclusion.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:38 am
James DiEugenio wrote:Does everyone agree with Sean, that the hit team in the TSBD escaped using the east elevator while Baker and Truly were going up on the west elevator.

Here's question for RIchard since he probably knows the TSBD building well:

There were 3 elevators right?  Except one of them did not go all the way up.

How many stairways were there?  Even ones that did not go all the way up and down?
Jim,

I'll stand corrected because I'm not 100% sure, but I think there was one going all the way up and another which only went a couple of floors.

It seems unanimous amongst workers that the elevators were very noisy... as were the stairs. I posted earlier that staff had been told NOT to use the stairs because they were in such poor condition. 

I also posted earlier about some old newspaper accounts of people escaping crime scenes, escaping fires and effecting rescues - all via sliding down elevator cables. We know Frazier was in the basement where the elevator switches were. We know the elevators were switched off for a short while. It seems to me, if anyone was escaping unheard and unseen via elevator or stairs, then options become very slim - this being one.

Me

Don Jeffries

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum