REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates
free forum

Was Mary Ferrell A Disinfo Agent?

+9
Hasan Yusuf
dwdunn(akaDan)
Martin Hay
AllenLowe
greg_parker
StanDane
Redfern
TerryWMartin
Vinny
13 posters
Go down
Vinny

Was Mary Ferrell A Disinfo Agent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Was Mary Ferrell A Disinfo Agent?

Sun 3 Aug - 10:56
I find them repulsive. I think he is a sensationalist.

http://xefdisposable.blogspot.com/

Was Mary Ferrell A Disinfo Agent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Was Mary Ferrell A Disinfo Agent?

Sun 3 Aug - 11:11
Damned dishonest too, yes? Most people wouldn't catch the incongruous quality of Robert Kennedy referring privately to President Johnson as "Lyndon," would they?

"While his argument seems to lead that way, Master Reggie didn't explicitly say it was the CIA that was running the Conspiracy Research Community. He may have meant the CIA has been built up as a bogey-man, as in the theodicy of the right-wing extremist fringe; thus, it may be the latter who are in charge of the apparent research effort. That would help explain the degree of bigotry and psychopathology one finds there."          (from "Master Jasper's Commentary on Master Reggie's Commentary on the Pogo koan" in Rappin' wit' Master Jasper, 1972, p. 14, all rights reversed)
Vinny

Fri 10 Sep - 10:11
An old thread about McBride's book. Bumped since we are discussing MC bride's Tippit theories .

Fri 10 Sep - 19:35
@Vinny wrote:The writer, Brad Bailey, hinted at the strangeness of this paradox in her career: “Mrs. Ferrell didn’t particularly like Kennedy as a president or as a fellow Catholic. . . . So she has a hard time explaining the fireproof library building in her Oak Lawn backyard with floor-to-ceiling shelves containing virtually every document ever published on the assassination. Nor can she easily explain the additional 25,000 pages of FBI documents spread across her living room floor or the clippings and papers that fill another room.”

The most I could get from Ferrell when I asked about her motivation, a question that seemed to momentarily take her aback in our last conversation in December 1992, was the vague response, “I just didn’t think they went to Oak Cliff and picked up the man who did it in a darkened theater.Somehow it just didn’t make sense.” Ferrell was surprisingly equivocal on some of the most-discussed topics surrounding the assassination. She said she refused to see Oliver Stone’s JFK because when reporters called her, “I was really glad I didn’t have to lie and say I didn’t like it or I did like it.” As for New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison himself, she told me, “I loved Jim Garrison -- I wavered between thinking he’s insane and thinking he’s a genius.” And as for Oswald, she said that if people “come to me and say, ‘I think Oswald acted alone, and do you have documentation?,’ I just politely say, ‘Go somewhere else.’ Everything I do is based on Oswald did not act alone. Not that he didn’t act. I don’t know.” And the Morning News reported in 1983 that despite all her research, she had “given up hope of deciding what really happened that day in Dallas. ‘We have now had about four major investigations, and I consider that the truth is still hidden from us,’ she says.”

Thanks for bumping this, Vinny. I remember reading the passages about Ferrell in McBride's book when it came out circa 2014 and thinking they were very compelling. Not so much anymore. I've seen too many book hoarders' houses in the meantime to think that the urge to compile material, to build a collection is suspect.

One book hoarder I knew was obsessed with Napoleon, coconut-eating crabs, and the actress Jayne Mansfield in no certain order. To carry his books he would drag around a garbage can with no wheels that made a terrible racket as it scraped across the sidewalk. He used a garbage bag rung up like a towel for a belt. In his house were untold amounts of books and periodicals, mostly rescued from the recycling center down the street or bought from the nearby used book store where the manager would continually cut him off because she knew he needed to save his money for food and to keep the heat on.

A different book hoarder in Portland, Oregon had no heat. There were two tunnels through the wall-to-wall books, artwork, and ephemera: one going from the front door to a tiny bed, another going from the bed to the bathroom.

I would imagine if you asked either one of these people WHY they got started "collecting" materials they would give you a very vague answer like Mary Ferrell gave. What do you mean, "Why?" You don't know?

Last edited by rogerhucek on Fri 10 Sep - 19:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Mon 13 Sep - 11:45
T F Bowley

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10nEm2W3x-aMuK4DVITxF9KdeJNwu0vGa/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16c_oD6WTY3yMz4SYHN-ehfyKlT65O2hQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gagA1CuQkjRQ3vxHWuzHGoe5sK2KUsrx/view?usp=sharing

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum