REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+1

Reality Checks

+10
JeremyBojczuk
Jake_Sykes
JonathanCohen
steely_dan
barto
Roger Odisio
Vinny
lanceman
alex_wilson
greg_parker
14 posters
Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Reality Checks - Page 4 Empty Reality Checks

Thu 13 Apr 2023, 12:51 pm
First topic message reminder :

https://www.tracesofwar.com/articles/4916/Skorzeny-Otto.htm wrote:Odessa must therefore be seen as an all encompassing description of various regional groups, rather than as one entity with a clearly defined program. The real purpose of these various organizations like Odessa, the Spinne and Stille Hilfe (silent aid) was not the establishment of a Nazi international movement but rendering aid and support to evade arrest and to have the necessary means at hand in order to survive. It entailed things like forging identity papers, providing shelter and assistance to get members across borders. There may have been of course international meetings of former members of the SS and SD with impossibly far reaching ambitions. Whatever it is, as is often the case with myths, in the long run they tend to start leading their own lives. For instance in the 50s, journalistic concoctions made the Spandau prisoners go crazy. According to rumors at the time, Skorzeny would have attempted to liberate the prisoners in Spandau using two helicopters and a hundred men. At the same time, a coup would take place and a new government installed, headed by Karl Dönitz (Bio Dönitz). The danger posed by these clandestine organizations of former SS members is rather exaggerated. It may well be Allied intelligence services may have considered them for years as a potential nucleus of a rebirth of Nazism, seen from the paranoid spirit at the time.

----

Apart from misplaced romantics of war, it can be argued that Skorzeny has evolved into an icon of irregular warfare from which lessons have been drawn for the post war period also. The importance of a man like Skorzeny lies in the political-military powers of invention on the battlefield casting doubt on the conventional military way of thinking. However, Skorzeny remains a dark figure of whom it cannot be determined what to put on his record and what not. There is nothing else to do than add question marks and annotations to parts of some conspiracy theories.

https://warriormaven.com/history/nazi-commando-otto-skorzeny-continued-his-life-of-intrigue-after-the-war-1 wrote:With so many ex-Nazis living in Spain, Skorzeny tried to find employment with them. His American handler wrote reports of the former commando trying to work with aircraft designer Willi Messerschmitt and steel tycoon Otto Wolff, but little happened.

He kept talking about his plan to reform the German army to almost anyone who would listen. Despite his special forces experience, Skorzeny couldn’t keep his mouth shut. He spoke of preparing 200,000 men to defend Germany from the Soviets and claimed the Americans backed his efforts. The CIA knew of the plan but worried about a reformation of the Third Reich and provided nothing.

-----

Through the 1950s Skorzeny remained involved with right wing organizations and often worked with other S.S. veterans, but his reputation as the mastermind of a secret Nazi society was exaggerated. He took a job as an “import-export manager” in Spain and traveled widely, including visits to Egypt and Argentina. Rumors he slept with Eva Peron proved false. She died two years before he ever set foot there.

In Egypt he secretly tried to sell arms and become a military advisor to Gamal Abdel Nasser, but again little came of it. His presence in Cairo caused a stir just the same and even caused British intelligence to worry he was training Egyptian paratroopers to seize the Suez Canal. His only real successes during this time came with his alleged cover story — he got contracts signed on several concrete and steel sales. This brought in some $260,000 over the next several years, equivalent to over $2 million today.

By the 1960s the aging Skorzeny continued to dabble in arms sales, increasing his fortune. His reputation meant his name circulated wherever intrigue occurred, such as during the kidnapping of Adolph Eichmann. He met with Israeli agents during the 1960s, but as with so much about Skorzeny, we know few details.

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/343438616.pdf wrote:All mentioned aspects offer evidence, that Skorzeny’s narrative and his conduct of Unternehmen Eiche may be exaggerated. But, NS-propaganda made him to the recognizable commando and therefore, this section will also focus on the presentation of Unternehmen Eiche. The propaganda about Skorzeny was not preplanned, but fitted perfectly into the narrative, which was needed at the time.  The existing German military capability to conduct these types of operations and the still existing bravery should be shown to German citizens and Germany’s opponents. Also, the SS-member, Otto Skorzeny was depicted and still perceived as the ideal German soldier, who fights although circumstances may be difficult. Goebbels himself stated in his diary, that he wanted to eradicate varying narratives about Mussolini’s liberation, a decision that continues to influence how many perceive Otto Skorzeny’s role during Unternehmen Eiche.

These details reveal that Skorzeny was unable to plan and conduct a mission with special paratrooper equipment like gliders at Gran Sasso because of his lack of experience and knowledge about these issues. Furthermore, his men were also incapable of conducting this mission alone. Skorzeny never commanded an engaged unit in Italy except z.b.V. Friedenthal, but cooperated and supported with those, which were tasked. Nevertheless, he was there at Gran Sasso and did play a role in the bloodless rescue of Mussolini and therefore, Skorzeny was used strategically by NS-propaganda to demonstrate German military strength and to inspire the German peoples’ belief in their nation’s victory.

Skorzeny was the archetypal cartoon Nazi villian - a perfect foil for a Dudley Doorite type character. 

He was in the right places and had the right look and personality to be elevated in stature and heroics for propaganda purposes.  He would spend the rest of his life parlaying the legends created about him, into a comfortable and intersting existence. Today, he would have made a great travel vlogger. 

Unfortunately, as with the asssassination, gaps in knowledge regarding Skorzeny get filled with more legend-building - and it was only a matter of time before that ever-growing legend nudged its way into assassination lore.

What a fucking clusterfuck. 

Where's Dudley Doorite when you really need him?

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com

Vinny

Reality Checks - Page 4 Empty Re: Reality Checks

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 2:39 pm
Reality Checks - Page 4 Screen42

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 2:41 pm
Reality Checks - Page 4 Screen43

Admin

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 2:49 pm
LOL. I hope she attempts to sue. It won't get past her lawyers - not even after they stop laughing.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

alex_wilson

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 5:26 pm
BREAKING NEWS

Aging Rhode Island jazz hipster and bongo virtuoso,  Charles Drago,  asks for his afterword to be removed from Coup in Dallas 

Ms Sharp/ O' Hara  couldn't be contacted for comment,  as she was in conference with her lawyers. 

Seems like the pharisees are voting with their jackboots,  not even they want to be associated with what appears to be a poorly written,  poorly executed con job

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 6:07 pm
Linda O'Hara aka Leslie Sharp has her work cut out for her.

Prayer-Man.com
alex_wilson

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 6:20 pm
Its a pity one of the intrepid datebookers didn't pick Goebbels name in one of their interminable Bingo sessions,  they sure could use some help in the PR department 

The Lovely Linda's campaign has been absolutely disastrous. Petulant,  defensive,  uncooperative,  lacking a basic transparency and candour. 

A total mess.

Threatening Doug Campbell with legal action was just downright pathetic.

Imho she allowed ego, ambition and her obsession with Miss Marple like whodunnit parlour games to get the better of her. And, unfortunately,  after Mr Albarelli's untimely death,  she's been left carrying the can.

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Vinny

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 7:27 pm
She wants to know If Bart has read Coup In Dallas.

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 9:35 pm
I think Linda channelled her inner Brian with the name change. It wont harm her Hendrix hit research. Jimi was obviously brought down by Nazi spook vomit which was brought in, after being brought up, by the Boys From Brazil.
Maybe Robert can do the full monte on this...

You ain't gonna know what you learn if you knew it....... confused

Checkmate.

barto
barto

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 10:55 pm
Linda should focus on the PM threads where she entered a few weeks back as it was all spelled out for her.
She should pray for me NOT to read Coup in Dallas, as I would tear it a new one no other fckr has done ever before!!!

Then again Linda would prolly do a Hargrove: denial, fake sincerity and complain to the admins and beg for my removal.
At the speculation forum manners maketh....oh sure.

Prayer-Man.com
Roger Odisio

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 12:37 am
GP:  Oswald was not a witting patsy (if that was your suggestion?)

RO: No, I've said before I don't know how much Oswald knew or suspected, or if he didn't, at what point in his 46 hour detention did he begin to see what trouble he was in.  I've read those who say you can see it dawning on him as his demeanor changed.  For me, though, unwitting is the leading guess.

GP:  Firstly though Rog, a big LOL for your "even Australians could understand it".

RO:  I thought you'd get a kick out of that.  Early on I noticed our friend, particularly when she was ranting about ROKC, would find a way to refer to Australians. It seemed to me to be a kind of vague pejorative.

GP:  The architectural term this deceptive poster is referring to is "vestibule". It was the term used by Oswald in describing where he was when encountered by Truly and a cop (who was Kaminski, not Baker). It was the area just inside the front entrance.

RO: I'm familiar with the word, vestibule.  One of the houses I grew up in had one. You opened the front door and there was a small space which led you to second door to enter the main house. If I remember it was for things like taking off your boots if you were coming in out of the snow, before entering the house.

The idea that a vestibule could be on the second floor is foreign to me.  It's not just you Australians.
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 3:02 am

The idea that a vestibule could be on the second floor is foreign to me.  It's not just you Australians.

As an American architect, allow me to say; any primary source individual who would refer to the small corridor space outside of the lunchroom on the 2nd floor as a "vestibule" is willfully ignorant and possessing of an ulterior motive having to do with relocating an encounter that occurred on the First Floor in a vestibule, to a fictional one supposedly occurring on the Second Floor.

I say "willfully ignorant" because to have the vocabulary to use the word implies a level of intelligence that would necessarily understand the meaning of the word.

Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 9:59 am
Alex Wilson wrote:The Lovely Linda's campaign has been absolutely disastrous. Petulant,  defensive,  uncooperative,  lacking a basic transparency and candour. 

A total mess.

Threatening Doug Campbell with legal action was just downright pathetic.

Imho she allowed ego, ambition and her obsession with Miss Marple like whodunnit parlour games to get the better of her. And, unfortunately,  after Mr Albarelli's untimely death,  she's been left carrying the can.
I am being totally sincere when I say this is the most accurate portrait of a specific online JFK conspiracist that anyone will ever see. 

Each word strikes exactly the right chord. There is nothing extraneous, nothing hyperbolic.  

She needs to and should take this very much to heart and go away and reflect on it for a while.

Me

Don Jeffries

barto
barto

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:05 am
Reality Checks - Page 4 85b20e10

Prayer-Man.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:05 am
Jake_Sykes wrote:

As an American architect, allow me to say; any primary source individual who would refer to the small corridor space outside of the lunchroom on the 2nd floor as a "vestibule" is willfully ignorant and possessing of an ulterior motive having to do with relocating an encounter that occurred on the First Floor in a vestibule, to a fictional one supposedly occurring on the Second Floor.

I say "willfully ignorant" because to have the vocabulary to use the word implies a level of intelligence that would necessarily understand the meaning of the word.

Thank you, Jake. She has followed the path of Lone Nutters who also tried the "but that is not how they speak in Dallas" routine.  

But she is likely to ignore this as she has ignored Greg D's nailing of post 1963 entries in the book and other matters, has ignored the issues with DUUM and ignored everything else she can't respond to without making certain admissions about the validity of the datebook.

@sandylarsen, why is Linda O'Hara allowed to break ed forum rules about using your real name? I think the other members deserve to know who the rules are for and who they are not for.

Last edited by greg_parker on Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:13 am
barto wrote:Reality Checks - Page 4 85b20e10
Well, it looks like he is still a believer, but perhaps less than happy with her ed forum performances?  

I am surprised he could put the bongos down stop weaponizing the truth long enough to send this. 

Barto, could you please pass on a message to Linda/Leslie that I would be more than happy to step into the breach and write a replacement afterword for her.

Me

Don Jeffries

steely_dan
steely_dan

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:28 am
He could shoot Linda with the $100K rifle Lemkin bought.
What is it with Americans?

Checkmate.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:32 am
linda o'hara aka leslie sharp wrote:I remember debating the interpretation of the notes as an exercise mostly to emphasize that Australians didn't "speak Dallas."

I wonder if Bart has read Coup? 

WTF is she even talking about here?

Oswald was not a Dallasite and nor was Hosty. And even if Hosty had picked up a little local lingo in his 8 years there, his job was to record what Oswald said, not translate it into "local idiom". But that is all irrelevant anyway since "vestibules" as I showed, and as confirmed by a bona fide US architect, are only on the ground floor and are called vestibules - even in Dallas.

What she lacks in honesty, she makes up for in doublespeak.

Last edited by greg_parker on Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Me

Don Jeffries

steely_dan
steely_dan

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:37 am
She's American. It works inland. Doesn't travel well...

Checkmate.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:39 am
RO: I'm familiar with the word, vestibule.  One of the houses I grew up in had one. You opened the front door and there was a small space which led you to second door to enter the main house. If I remember it was for things like taking off your boots if you were coming in out of the snow, before entering the house.

Interesting. Some homes here have those, but they are commonly just inside the back door, not front and are known as "mud rooms". There is no snow in most of the country, but in some parts, a lot of rain.  Actually, I live in one of the few places that does get snow, though none so far this year.

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 10:46 am
steely_dan wrote:She's American. It works inland. Doesn't travel well...
A tribute to the airheads in America and around the globe.

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 11:16 am
pat speer wrote:I wish people would stop claiming the Hosty "notes" in question were written during his interview with Oswald. There is no reason to believe they were, outside desperation. He published his actual notes in his book. Those were sentence fragments--the way one takes actual notes. The fuller sentences of the notes in question suggest they were written as an outline for a report. Now, it's always been curious that Bookhout wrote a report by himself, and then one with Hosty. Perhaps this was done to cover up that Hosty's own report suggested Oswald had given an alibi, or some such thing. So the "notes" found later may indeed be important.

But there's no reason to believe they were written during the interview. 
Lean to read.

Here is what Mr Mellor said.

Yes, Bart has a link to Hosty's notes. Written during the interrogation (one) & directly after (two).  Hosty passed his notes to the ARRB in '97.  The book also links to the Fritz notes that were also donated to the ARRB in '97.

This is obvious when you see that the notes are written on the back of DPD forms. Not something he would have used had he written them after leaving DPD that day.

And he donated them only because the ARRB got wind that he had them for his book - with, as stated by Roger- said book including the notes EXCEPT the part that included Oswald's alibi.

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 11:25 am
Linda/leslie wrote:Roger, has Bart cleared up the discrepancy that on at least one occasion Hosty is filmed stating Oswald told him he was in the lunch room?

Where is the discrepancy, Linda?

He was in the lunchroom on the 1st floor and went outside for the briefest of times to see the parade. Brief because the viewing position was awful. At that time, no one was aware that JFK had just been shot (they mostly thought it was a bike backfiring). He actually thought the shooting was AFTER he went back inside because that was when the panic outside started - as word spread at what had really happened. 

In short, he honestly believed he was "in the building" at the time of the shots.

Me

Don Jeffries

barto
barto

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 11:29 am
The speculation forum......

Prayer-Man.com
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 11:59 am
Reality Checks - Page 4 300px-Arch-render-vestibule
This article is about the architectural feature vestibule. For other uses, see Vestibule (disambiguation) § Architecture.
Reality Checks - Page 4 300px-Arch-render-vestibuleA floor plan with a modern vestibule shown in red.
vestibule (also anteroomantechamber, or foyer) is a small room leading into a larger space[1] such as a lobby, entrance hall or passage, for the purpose of waiting, withholding the larger space view, reducing heat loss, providing storage space for outdoor clothing, etc. The term applies to structures in both modern and classical architecture since ancient times. In modern architecture, a vestibule is typically a small room next to the outer door and connecting it with the interior of the building. In ancient Roman architecture, a vestibule (Latin: vestibulum) was a partially enclosed area between the interior of the house and the street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestibule_(architecture)

Reality Checks - Page 4 Byp_211
barto
barto

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 12:18 pm
Did we not go thru the same vestibule dreck at Morleys back in 2016?
I do remember the debate w Linda about being 'inside' the building.....

Prayer-Man.com
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum